cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCSE limiting concurrent connections

Peter Anders
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a mulitenant environment with external calling through the VCSE. I currently have 10 traversal licenses on this expressway however this is shared with 2 clients .

Is there anyway that I can allocate 5 of the traversal licenses to each of the clients as they have both paid for 5 extertnal calling ports .

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Peter,

The only thing I would suggest is to control the number of call by using bandwidth limitation. For example:

Lets say you have all the endpoints registered to VCS Control. You could separate customer's endpoints by registering them to different subzones. So you can apply pipes between each customer subzone and the traversal subzone. If you apply pipes limiting the total bandwidth and per call bandwidth, you can limit the number of calls.

For example, to allow 5 calls at 768Kbps you set a pipe with:

Per call bandwidth: 768

Total bandwidth: 3840

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One more tip:

If you have multiple subzones per client, that won't be a problem, you just need to create a specific pipe per client and apply it between all subzones and traversal suzbone. For example:

Lets say you have:

CustomerA-SubZone-1

CustomerA-SubZone-2

CustomerA-SubZone-3

CustomerA-SubZone-4

CustomerB-SubZone-1

CustomerB-SubZone-2

CustomerB-SubZone-3

CustomerB-SubZone-4

You just have to create one pipe per customer to limit internet calls. For example, to allow 5 five calls:

CustomerA-Pipe-Internet

CustomerB-Pipe-Internet

Then you apply the pipe CustomerA-Pipe-Internet to all links the connect CustomerA's subzones to the TraversallSubZone. Do the same thing for customer B.

This is the nice point here, the pipe is a unique object, that means, when you apply a single pipe to multiple links, the amount of bandwidth will be reduced from this pipe considering the calls passing through all the associated links. So you will have the same amount of bandwitdh for all the subzones connecting to TraversalSubZone.

By using this method, you can limit the number of calls to internet without influence on the bandwidth limitation applied to local calls.

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.customerA

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Besides that this is the only easy way, its not a good way neither.

Like if you need to support HD calls you would have to allow way more bandwidth

and you never know if the customer is clever enough or uses on accident less

bandwidth and can handle more calls by that, ...

It should be possible to write a policy server which checks the amount of active calls

and then allows or rejects additional calls, but that depends programming knowledge

and might still not work 100% (like when multiple calls are placed at the same time, ...)

Please file a feature request for this. I also feel that this is a lacking feature and

we had remarked that before to Tandberg and Cisco.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I agree Martin, but unless you use something out of the box, this is the only option we have in VCS itself to control the number of calls.

A feature request really would be a great idea.

Best regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Thank you for your feedback.

What is the best way or raising a feature request?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: