cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCSe SRV Records and Dialing

adamtodd16
Level 3
Level 3

We can make phone calls form internal to external, but external callers cannot call into our VCSe to join a call. 

Have added the A record, SRV records and triple checked the ACLs and DMZ setup. 

Wondering if anyone has a way to properly test the environment. I can't keep asking customers to try and call us and have the calls fail. How do you test? 

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A good way of testing used to be with http://www.ciscojabbervideo.com and to use an external software client registered to their server.  From there you could SIP dial to your environment to test your configuration yourself.

But as that's now been announced as getiing turned off, unless you've already signed up for an account, that's of little use to you any more.

Therea re other software clients and services that are available on the Internet for dialling via H.323 or SIP which you can use to test your environment, some are free, some have costs associated.  Some of which can be found here: video_calling_options_dialing/

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

You still have until May 16th, 2015 to use the Cisco Jabber Video service before it's shutdown to test with, so still have a few months to go and hopefully that would be enough time for you.

Just out of curiosity, what are you SRV records, just in case?

I take it you don't see any incoming call attempts on your VCS Expressway in the search history or event logs?  If you do, and the call isn't working, it could be a misconfiguration of your VCS search rules and/or zones.

You still have until May 16th, 2015 to use the Cisco Jabber Video service before it's shutdown

That's only if you have an existing account - you are no longer able to sign up for a new one if you don't have one already.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Oh, didn't know that.  I don't use the service, and they didn't mention that in there EOL announcement, at least I don't recall it.

Yep. It wasn't mentioned in the EoS email - which also said that Project Squared was a suitable replacement - which it isn't as it can't currently accept dial-in or dial-out from a standards based endpoint.

But the inability to sign up for a new account is written pretty plainly on the www.ciscojabbervideo.com web site (see screenshot below).

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Jason Neurohr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adam,

I'm happy to do a couple of test calls for you from my environment if you can send me a URI? 

-

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: