Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Advantage / CDP Problem

thomas.bader
Level 1
Level 1

Dera All,

We have a problem with several Cisco IP Phones CP-7941G and the Video Advantage Software. The phones are running the SCCP41.8-3-3SR2S firmware but problem exists also with the SCCP41.8-3-3S firmware.

As far as I can see the phone does not send out CDP packets on the PC switch port. Within CSCsk11000 an error in the CDP implementation is described for the firmware version SCCP41.8-3-2SR1S.

Attached you find Wireshark Sniffer File describing the issue. A capture filter limiting the traffic source to the phone was applied.

Here are some comments what happened outside the wire:

Packet Comment

3 The phone was restarted to enable the settings access. It was then assured that not only in the Phone configuration on the CallManager (Version 6.01) CDP on the PC port was enabled but also on the phone itself. As you can see there are no CDP packets. Within the Video Advantage Software there is no connection between the phone and the camera.

4 The phone was reset. CDP packets are sent out immediately.

22 or 23 Within the Video Advantage Software the phone is connected to the camera.

In all our investigated cases a reset of the phone while the Video Advantage Software is running was successful.

6 Replies 6

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

You could be hitting with this bug :CSCse36933

Try upgrading the ip phone software

I tried the three most recent versions

SCCP41.8-3-2S

SCCP41.8-3-3S

SCCP41.8-3-3SR2S

With all three versions VTA works if the phone was reset while the Video Advantage Software was running. After a while (between a day and a week) the phone stops sending the CDP packets and VTA is no more working at the next start. The SCCP41.8-3-2S version seems to be the most stable regarding this issue.

The mentioned bug does not fit as we run CCM6.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I'm having the same issue (SCCP41.8-3-3SR2S, but on CUCM 4.2(3)).

Did you find any solution or workaround?

Cheers

/David

Hi David,

Cisco provided me the firmware SCCP41.8-3-3ES5S. This was handled with TAC SR 607575779.

Cheers Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your update. Two more questions at last: Did the new firmware reliably solve your issue?

Do you know in what officially available firmware this ES will be rolled into?

Cheers

/David

Hi David,

#1 I have around 700 phones running with that firmware and around 30 CUVA users and no complaints.

#2 I don't know.

cheers Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: