Views
Helpful
Replies

Video / Audio Issues - CTS1300

Dean O'Meara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hoping someone may have come across this issue before.

Customer has;

CTS: CTS 1.10.13(5) P1.
Conductor: XC3.0
TP Server: 4.1(1.79)

When the customer is using own kit they do not experience issues with Video / Audio however when they use our kit the call connects but receives no video / audio.

We have checked firewalls and nothing is being blocked, the logs on our TPS says it is a TIP/MUX negotiation failure.

I suspect this may have something to do with the version of conductor and TP Server we have as we are running a newer release and this could be causing the issue with the old CTS 1300 system.

Our versions;

Conductor: XC4.2

TP Server: 4.3(1.13)

I have had a look online to try compatibility matrix tables or anything that may tell me it is or isn't support but not found anything. 

Has anyone experienced an issue similar to this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect your problem is simply the version of code on the 1300. That version almost certainly predates Cisco acquisition of Tandberg six years ago and as a result is not going to be compatible with the TPS, which came from Tandberg.  Upgrade the software on the 1300 and you will most likely solve the problem. 

EDIT - confirmed - you need at least 1.6 to work with the TPS. Cisco doesn't even post anything older than 1.9 - you need to upgrade that unit. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/admin_guide/Cisco-TelePresence-Server-Printable-Help-4-3-Virtual-Machine.pdf

Thanks for the reply Patrick.

We have managed to fix this by changing some settings within CUCM and also applying a quality template on the conductor.