cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Call Accounting

jason.scott
Level 1
Level 1

On the recommendation of our Cisco partner we have purchased and implemented the following:

Cisco IPVC-3511-MCU

Cisco IPVC-3526-GW-1P Gateway

Cisco Gatekeeper running on 2600 router

If we wish to keep historical records of video calls for billing purposes do we have to purchase an additional unit (such as the MCM)?

Regards,

6 Replies 6

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

You need a ACS version 3.1, and a router like Cisco 3620 running MCM.

Also check the following link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/ipvc/ipvc20/briguide/index.htm

dwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

Jason,

Did you ever get this working? I need to do the same thing. If you did, could you email me your thoughts at dwalsh@btc.pe.ca?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we haven't as yet. I've gone through all the options on the boxes we have and nothing but simply snmp logging is present. I suspect an additional package is needed similar to Callmanager, but this functionality really should be present in my opinion.

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

If you own the Cisco Gatekeeper running on the 2600 router, you already own the MCM. MCM is the GK software on IOS. MCM can be configured to perform AAA using Radius. The will log all source IP, dest IP, dialed number, call attempts, time of call, disconnects, etc.... for billing purposes

Here is what I have on my GK to get the accounting out of it:

aaa new-model

!

!

aaa accounting connection h323 start-stop group radius

radius-server host 10.x.x.x auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 XXXXXXXX

(the radius server is on Cisco ACS 3.1)

gatekeeper

(here is the zone configuration)

accounting

In the ACS define the gatekeeper 2600 as a radius client (the h323 name above will tell the ACS that the accounting type is VoIP)

In the ACS System Configuration -> Logging -> CSV VoIP accounting (if you are going to use CSV files) select all the accounting fields you want to see in the CSV file. (No all the selected fields may contain the report info you would expect)

That's it, make sure that the VoIP endpoints (gateways, phones) are registered with the GK or it won't report anything

Best regards

Thank you, that's great.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: