cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Call Name/Banner (Point to point calls)?

sid_vc99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Question that i'm hopeful someone can answer quickly...is it possible to have a system's name display show up in a video session (point to point)

We are aware that on the MCU/Telepresence Server there are configurable settings to display participant names etc..where there are 2 or more participants landing on the bridge.... however what about p2p?

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi,

I don't think that is possible (but am happy to be proven wrong)  The name display in multiway calls is displayed/presented by the MCU, when in point to point calls the detail on the Touch8 pads is in the setup/signalling data, not the media stream.

When working with the 3010 systems (6 seater immersive board rooms) Cisco advised putting a room name board on the back wall behind the participants so you could see who you were talking to.  Its a low tech solution to your problem ;)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

wildflower1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sid,

I think it depends on your end point configuration. I have EX60's with the SIP profile 1 DisplayName configured, when in a point to point SIP call this name shows up on the Touch8 pad.

hi Wildflower, thanks for your quick response.

I'm looking for the name to show up on the actual screen displaying video not on the touch pad. not sure if that's possible?.. would it show up in the scenario you describe above?

We have a variety of codecs but are open to any specific configuration that needs to be made 

hi,

I don't think that is possible (but am happy to be proven wrong)  The name display in multiway calls is displayed/presented by the MCU, when in point to point calls the detail on the Touch8 pads is in the setup/signalling data, not the media stream.

When working with the 3010 systems (6 seater immersive board rooms) Cisco advised putting a room name board on the back wall behind the participants so you could see who you were talking to.  Its a low tech solution to your problem ;)

I have reached the same conclusion .. so was looking for someone to prove me wrong.

Really appreciate your comments.. I'm good for now..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: