Helpful
Replies

Video calls between CME 7.1 and CUCM 7.1

Anatoly Fedchik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need advice.

There are two geo sites connected via Internet. First site contains CME(cisco2901)  another site contains  ASA + ISR 2811+CUCM. On first site, cisco ip phones registered on CME on second site on the CUCM.

I need to setup video calls(VT Advantage) between sites. I plan to perform it with sip trunk between CME and CUCM. Will it work or maybe i need consider another solution?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Video should work once you have an operational H.323/SIP network for voice calls between both systems.

- Adrian.

Vishal Mohanty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

• 1) Yes, please use sip trunk as the interface between cme and cucm.
  • 2) Please note: officially  cme sip trunk video is only supported for cme1—sip trunk---cme2 type set up, but for  basic call you could try to setup cucm to use early media on the sip  trunk. cme by default would use early media and it should work.

• 3) For configuration guide on CME Video, you can refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmevideo.html#wp1027101 

• 4) For interfacing CME with CUCM, please remember to configure below command on CME:

•        voice service voip
            sip
              asymmetric payload full

Hope this helps,

Vishal

I know this is a very old post, but I want to thank Vishal for the above.  I was troubleshooting one way video problem between CME and CUCM.  The asymmectric payload full command fixed it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: