cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video calls from internet using H323

Fabio Alvarenga
Level 1
Level 1
Video calls from internet using H323 do not work. When I call to (conference room)@domain.com.br do not work. But when I call to (conference room)@(Ip address) the communication works perfectly. What could be happening ?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

This indicates that the site you are calling does not have DNS SRV records in place which points to the relevant device the system is registered to; i.e. a Gatekeeper, VCS, SBC etc.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

This indicates that the site you are calling does not have DNS SRV records in place which points to the relevant device the system is registered to; i.e. a Gatekeeper, VCS, SBC etc.

/jens

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree with Jens - it's easy to check, here is the command (on Windows) to check for H.323 lookup services:

nslookup -querytype=srv _h323ls._udp.domain.xx

Try that replacing domain.xx with whatever you are using. If you try that with cisco.com you'll get a lot in your response, my guess is on your domain you'll get nothing. 

The other possibility is whatever you are calling from doesn't have DNS configured correctly so it has no way to query a DNS server to resolve the domain. It's one or the other (or both).