Views
Helpful
Replies

Video conference desing

habouzyad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working for a design a new videoconferencing network with many equipement ( VCS,MCU,TMS, Content server,GW ISDN,codec, and cisco video jabber).

In the main site, we install the infastructure equipement, and in the remote site we use Cisco jabber for video.

each remote site is connected directly to the main site by WAN connnection.

I want know the folowing information if its possible:

1- For Cisco jabber for video:  if Jabber-Site-1  want to call Jabber-Site-2, the call follow through the main site ( by MCU) OR i have to enable routing between SIte-1 and Site-2?

2- For Cisco Content server :   I want to use a video streaming ( training courses) for all sites. how can i do that ?

3- Wich equipement that i have to configure to intgrate with existing CUCM? the CUCM is integrated with the AD, wich equipement for video that i have to integrate with the AD ( TMS, VCS)?

4- for the scheduled conference, where i must to configure the numbre of the conference ( MCU ?). and how can i send the invitation for the scheduled conference to the Exchange [ how can i connect to the exchange serever]).?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

cham

4 Replies 4

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1- For Cisco jabber for video:  if Jabber-Site-1  want to call Jabber-Site-2, the call follow through the main site ( by MCU) OR i have to enable routing between SIte-1 and Site-2?

This will be very depend on how you configure Jabber Video provisioning template and network capability.

If making point-to-point call between Jabber Video in Site-1 and Jabber Video in Site-2 over WAN network (assume both Jabber Video are behind firewall and will NAT to reach out WAN), call will routed via VCS-Expressway as traversal SIP call (you may force to terminate point-to-point call on MCU as well).

Or enable the ICE capability on provisioning template, Jabber Video in Site-1 and Jabber Video in Site-2 will try to establish media flow directly two locations without media to be routed via VCS-Expressway.

Benefit for this is to lower the latency the call between Site-1 and Site-2 as media won't route via VCS-Expressway.

3- Wich equipement that i have to configure to intgrate with existing CUCM? the CUCM is integrated with the AD, wich equipement for video that i have to integrate with the AD ( TMS, VCS)?

For integrating the UCM, you should create the SIP trunk between VCS and configure search rule(s) on VCS (and route pattern(s) on UCM).

For more detail about UCM and VCS integration, please refer to Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Cisco Unified Communications Manager Deployment Guide, which available from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf.

4- for the scheduled conference, where i must to configure the numbre of the conference ( MCU ?). and how can i send the invitation for the scheduled conference to the Exchange [ how can i connect to the exchange serever]).?

TMS support Exchange integration.

TMS Extension for Microsoft Exchange information is available from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSXE_install_guide_3-0.pdf.

Hi Cham ..

Do you solve your problem no 2 ?

Can Content Server integrate with CUCM 8.6 without VCS ?

How it can be done ?

Regards

Fara

For #2, I have posted same answer on https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2184845?tstart=0 and https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2144864?tstart=0 where had same/similar discussion.

Firstly TCS recommend to deploy with VCS for current release software although I have managed to record the video session on TCS while SIP trunk directly between CUCM and call from SIP UA registered on CUCM.

SO please note TCS admin guide listed needs of using VCS as requirement to function properly, meaning even this works doesn’t mean officially supported.

On CUCM

• Configure SIP Trunk between TCS (i.e TCSTrunk)
  • Configure Route Patterns for recording alias (i.e. 440X and select SIP trunk from “Gateway/Route List” pull down list)

On TCS

• Configure SIP address (URL) on recording alias (i.e. 4401@172.16.1.50:5060, assume 172.16.1.50 is CUCM IP address and using TCP for SIP signaling).

Then dial recording alias (i.e. 4401) from SIP UA registered on CUCM.

You will see recording countdown and session will record on TCS.
Below is example for using IPC and dialing into TCS recording alias.

BTW, I tested with CUCM9.0.1 and TCS 5.3 software release, but assume have same result even with CUCM8.6.2.