cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference will work without License in TP server and Conductor?

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have requirement  for POC for video conference with Cisco Jabber on desktop.The scenario is like that we have CUCM 10.5 running on trial license and TP server and TP Conductor running on VM without license.

Can we achieve video conference without license in TP server and conductor?.

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Conductor Essentials can be run without licenses, it provides all the features of Conductor but is limited to 1 conference bridge and no clustering, refer to Table 1 in the Conductor Datasheet for more information.

TelePresence Server requires licenses in order to function, you'll be required to purchase the software license so it can be activated, as well as either screen licenses or Multiparty licenses.  Screen licenses are based on per participant and installed on the TelePresence Server itself, whereas Multiparty licenses are either user or conference based that are installed on Conductor.  Refer to the product overview just above Figure 1 in the TelePresence Server Datasheet regarding the screen and Multiparty licensing options. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Conductor Essentials can be run without licenses, it provides all the features of Conductor but is limited to 1 conference bridge and no clustering, refer to Table 1 in the Conductor Datasheet for more information.

TelePresence Server requires licenses in order to function, you'll be required to purchase the software license so it can be activated, as well as either screen licenses or Multiparty licenses.  Screen licenses are based on per participant and installed on the TelePresence Server itself, whereas Multiparty licenses are either user or conference based that are installed on Conductor.  Refer to the product overview just above Figure 1 in the TelePresence Server Datasheet regarding the screen and Multiparty licensing options. 

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me know as I have CUCM version 10.5 running on Demo license can the CUWL Pro license will take care the multi party license capability or do I need to purchase additionally the CUWL PRO license for the Video conference.

The activity purely related for a POC.

Regards

Nithin Louis.

To read more about Multiparty licensing, take a look at the Multiparty Licensing At a Glance.  Something else to note, in order to use Multiparty licensing, those licenses are installed on the Conductor, and I believe this would need to be a paid version of Conductor as I don't think they work with the free version.

If it's for demo purposes, you can probably work with your Account Manager and get demo licenses or find some way to create a POC.