cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video conferencing and SIP URI setup

ampm_25
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco's video products and am trying to configure them for some simple video conferencing. I currently have the following in our environment:

• CUCM v7.1.5
  • VCS X7.2.1
  • TMS v14.1.0
  • MCU 5320 v4.3(2.17)
  • EX90 vTC5.1.2

I am also new to SIP URI dialing. I have done some base configuration on my VCS, TMS, and MCU, following the installation and configuration guide. What I am struggling with is what I need in order to set up the SIP URI info for the EX90. Does there need to be an AD account configured that has a sip directory value? Or can I just use whatever SIP address I want as long as the domain matches what I put in the VCS for the domain and allow list?

I followed the following guides:

Any assistance and understanding that can be shared would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mr. A little confused - Arras V. Martin

1 Reply 1

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Arras.  Good morning.  I'm going to hopefully answer some of your questions you have here.  You also may find that the Telepresense Community on the Support Forums is a great place to post this as well. 

First, I would recomment to you to update from TMS 14.1 to TMS 14.1.1.  There was a major scheduling bug in this release, and had to be removed and updated with TMS 14.1.1.  I would start by updating TMS to that version. 

CUCM 7.1.5 is a bit older release.  There are some nuasances with this version that have been fixed in 8.6.2 CUCM.  Also, if running 8.5 CUCM or higher, you can add this to TMS and manage TP endpoints on CUCM via this version.  So if you have CTS endpoints or EX, MX and C-series registered to CUCM, you can manage and schedule those units in TMS. 

Q -Does there need to be an AD account configured that has a sip directory value?

A - If you add the device in TMS and have it registered to VCS as SIP, you can configure the SIP URI field to whatever SIP URI you wish to assign to the system.  As long as the domain you specify is part of VCS domain and your allow list pattern or rule is ok, the system should register just fine. 

If you running SIP only environment, you can always restrict bookings in TMS to allow SIP only if this is what your gearing towards. 

Hope this helps you out a bit.  Feel free to post any more questions here you may have and will do my best to get those answered for ya.

VR

Patrick