cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Freeze while Room/Speaker Switching in CTMS 1.9

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing the Received video to be freezed, while there is a Room Switching happening in a CTMS conference.

We didn't see this issue while we were running 1.5.

We could see that CTMS 1.6 onwards used GDR and would introduce the issue seen here.

CTS 1.6 removed the requirement for IDRs during speaker transitions by introducing Gradual Decoder Refreshes (GDRs). With GDRs, the transition from one speaker to another speaker occurs over multiple video frames. The existing video is frozen on the display until the entire reference picture from the new transmitter is received. The display then transitions to the new video source. Overall, GDRs are typically larger (from approximately 90 Kbytes to 110 Kbytes per camera have been observed in lab testing) than IDRs. However, they are spread over multiple video frames. This again reduces the overall burstiness per frame interval.

Is there a way we can avoid this in CTMS 1.9.

3 Replies 3

What version of CTS software are you running? I don't know of this specific issue, but I've seen quite a few problems when there is too much of a version difference between CTS and CTMS software - I'd suggest upgrading to the latest CTS software to see if it fixes your issue.

All CTS and CTMS are 1.9 - the latest.

We didnt see this issuen when the CTMS was 1.5 and CTS was 1.7

CTS version 1.10 is availible - it's probably worth a try.