cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Issue Between SX20 and 4515MCU

schelpdesk1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an intermittent issue between two of our SX20's and our 4515MCU.  Sometimes when the calls connect we not getting any video to the SX20 from the MCU.  Whenever this happens I see the following in the MCU log:

11514011:55:05.435 H.323WarningGot H245 OpenLogicalChannelReject lc = 63 (833e0008)
11513911:55:05.435 H.323WarningGot H245 OpenLogicalChannelReject lc = 62 (833e0008)
11513811:55:05.434 H.323Warning

Got H245 OpenLogicalChannelReject lc = 61 (833e0008)

All calls are scheduled through TMS.  I thought at first this could be a firewall as these endpoints are at a remote site that connects back through a site to site VPN but since it's intermittent i'm not sure.  Any ideas?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

Was this was working fine then became intermittent at one point OR did  it always have intermittent issues? 

Are the 2 SX20's at the same site or are they at 2 different sites? 

When you say intermittent is it that you can make x number of calls then the next x number fail? IS there any pattern to the failures - morning, afternoon, does it come in spurts then clear for a while and return?

H245 is required during the CAP Exchange so if for some reason it is being interfered with then you have problems.

These SX20's are both at the same site.  They were installed about a year ago and this problem was recently reported to me but they are saying it has been going on for a long time so I don't know if this is a new problem or has always been there.  Yes, I can make several calls that are fine and then one may have issues.  Then it's fine for a while again.  It doesn't seem to matter what time of day and these are used from 7:30AM until 10PM for various conferences. 

These are currently running TC7.1.1

I just heard from a staff person at this site that when there this issue occurs the "Incoming Call" banner gets stuck on the screen yet the far end can see the participants in this room just fine.

Hi All,

I face the same issue.

Any update about this?

Thank you..

Rois

These issues are caused 99% of the time by the network (firewalls, packet inspection, WAAS, etc).

Check that the communication between the endpoint and the VCS they're registered to is completely open for all the ports indicated in the Firewall Traversal Deployment Guide for the version of the VCS software you're running.  Make sure that any packet inspection, WAAS, etc is turned OFF for these connections.

Some of the port ranges have been updated with newer versions of software, so this may be the cause of some of your issues if the rules haven't been updated to reflect any upgrades that may have taken place in your environment, and why some calls (using the earlier port range) work, and some (using the larger port numbers outside that original range) fail.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if apprropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: