Views
Helpful
Replies

Video on Hold / Video to SIP / Mediasense

sfrank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we are currently using Mediasense for VOH, content in video conferences and VBrick live streams. Since Mediasense is EOL and lacks some other features I would like to know if someone knows an replacement. 

I need no recording. The nice thing has been that you could assign a numer to a video. We called this from a CMS space and  had a video playback.

Does anyone know a solution that could be used as VOH?

Great would be a solution where I can setup a playlist and then dial this as a participant into a CMS space and can play content at a specific time or on demand.

Maybe a SIP Output for OBS or Wirecast?

5 Replies 5

Nuno Melo
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Does anyone know a solution that could be used as VOH?

Verba has such a solution:

https://kb.verba.com/display/v91/Cisco+Video+on+Hold+and+Video+in+Queue

Thank you. Seems to be a powerfull solution, but also a little bit oversized.

Yes, its a bit oversized for such a simple feature as Video On hold, however since Cisco Terminated media sense does not seem to be many companies interested in providing such a feature, there are some video streaming platforms but nothing that works via sip.

Hi,
Really sad. A SIP Destination for OBS would be really great. In combination with Meeting Server and VBrick you could do really cool things.

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

@sfrankhave you looked at any AWS offerings?  They have some cool things for video/broadcasting etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: