Views
Helpful
Replies

Video resolutions on EX series and DX series

oz.ezer01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to take a look at the PDFs here, and I can't find what the max resolutions that I can get when I call from DX to EX or EX to DX.

Can anyone show me some PDF that summery that ?

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Maximum resolution is 1080x1920, but this depends on available bandwidth, lighting etc. For the EX series it also depends on cameramodel and if premiumresolution option key is installed.

Take a look at the data sheets:

DX datasheets

EX datasheets

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi,

I know that each one of them can get to 1080p.

I just want to know if I call between one to each other - if I could get to this resolutions ?

( i.e Jabber can't get to 1080p.. )..

Yes, but as I said, it depends on available bandwidth etc, etc, it's all there in black and white in the datasheets.

/jens

I'm in lab here, so I just need to know if according to Cisco we can get up to 1080p between those devices...

As Jens has said, it's all in those data sheets.  Both the EX90 and DX80 have cameras that can do 1080p30 and can transmit resolutions up to and including 1080p30 (with the Premium Resolution Option installed).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate,

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

As Jens had mentioned it depends highly on the bandwidth of the call as well as the lighting of the room.  To give you an idea of the bandwidth required for 1080p, take a look at the "Optimal definition profiles" section of the EX Admin Guide on pg 124.  Regarding the DX endpoints, I don't know of a resolution/bandwidth chart similar to that of the EX endpoints, but I'd assume it would be similar bandwidth requirements.

This is achievable and as others response, there are things to be considered like bandwidth, premium resolution capability of the codec to process 1080p video resolutions, lighting condition that will affect the capturing capability of the camera. Assuming your DX/EX endpoints are being controlled in CUCM environment, video bandwidth is being controlled under Regions. You would need to check the video bandwidth configured on the Region that would affect the call quality.

For DX Series endpoints video transmit resolutions and capabilities, refer to this guide under Video Transmit Resolution Setup.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/admin/1022/DX00_BK_C9FCBAE4_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1022/DX00_BK_C9FCBAE4_00_cisco-dx-series-ag1022_chapter_01001.html#DX00_RF_V6398400_00

regards,

Acevirgil

We run 720p and an associated BW of around 2300-2500kbps. with 1080p you would be using around 4mbps and probably more if you want to run 1080p@60 fps.

The thing with this is that video bandwidth usage is highly dynamic. i.e. if you have a screen with very little movement, the channel rate (i.e. actual used BW) is very low. that is just the nature of mp4. highly dynamic video with grab as much more BW bandwidth.

I believe the default call rates for SX, EX series is set to 6000kbps. so you can tweak that if you want. Like I said I set mine to 2500 for 720p+audio+presentation of course more is always better

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dennis Mink wrote: with 1080p you would be using around 4mbps and probably more if you want to run 1080p@60 fps.

You won't be able to get 1080p60 out of an EX90, they only do 30fps at 1080p.

If you want 60fps, 720p is the best you'll get, and only with the premium resolution option key installed.

WIth no Premium Resolution Option Key, the best you'll get out of the endpoint is 720p30 or WXGA (1280x738@30)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: