cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Room Licenses on VCS

Abhinavsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, My customer uses a VCS to register all his Video Endpoints, I now need to add an MX800 and licenses for it, I know I need to add room registration licenses but can somebody help me understand how to add this?

As far as I understand this it is done by adding the top level part code R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9, but these licenses are for CUCM, how do I get the licenses on the VCS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

As soon as you enter a valid software license on VCS it allows you to have 2500 registration by default. No additional licenses are required to register the endpoints.

If you are running Expressway-C (instead of VCS) the part code for getting room licenses is LIC-EXP-ROOM.

Regards,

Alok

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lalit pamnani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Abhinav,

VCS-C generally comes with 2500 registration license (a pair/Cluster of VCS-C would have 5000), so if you have enough registration licenses left( if current registration count is less than that), then to register your MX800 on VCS-C you won't need an additional license on VCS.

I assume you have enough non-traversal/Traversal call license already as you have other endpoints registered on VCS already.

I hope this answers your question, Thank you.!

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

As soon as you enter a valid software license on VCS it allows you to have 2500 registration by default. No additional licenses are required to register the endpoints.

If you are running Expressway-C (instead of VCS) the part code for getting room licenses is LIC-EXP-ROOM.

Regards,

Alok