Views
Helpful
Replies

Videoconference using H323 and SIP at the same time

David Calvillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I'm having troubles when a Polycom G500 does a videoconference with Cisco SX series equipments.

Using a Cisco VCS and register both codecs (Poly and Cisco) with SIP and make a videoconferece, at 5 or 7 min of transcurred time of the videoconference, the users on the Cisco side start to notice degradation (But there is no packet loss). It's Kind of incompatibility between Poly G500 and Cisco VCS.

I did test with other codecs G500 and the same happened, but i realized that when the videoconference is set without using VCS its everything fine.

So my question is....

Is it possible to make a videconference where the Cisco to VCS communication is made by SIP and the Polycom to VCS communication is made by H.323?

Be grateful for the good times that make you happy and for the bad times that taugth you a lesson!
2 Replies 2

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VCS can handle the interworking between H323 and SIP. You may want to open a TAC case for deep level troubleshooting of the issue you are experiencing.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You haven't mentioned at all what software releases you are running on your devices.   Are they up to date versions?  Latest are Poly (6.2.2.2), SX20 (CE9.12.3), VCS (X12.6)?  Or are they older versions which may have some compatibility issues?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: