mls qos trust dscp

auto qos voip cisco-phone

macro description cisco-phone

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree bpduguard enable

service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone

end

and found that "switchport port-security"

will drop the phone's dhcp discovery packets.

When phone first time power on, it can get ip address from dhcp server; but, when you log out from current phone number, and the phone start to get ip address from dhcp again, the switch will drop the dhcp discover packets which the phone used to communicate with dhcp server.

I tried to increase max number to 6 (switchport port-security maximum 2) but it is not useful.

I did show port-security int command, and there is only one mac address on the interface.

I have also checked the mac address, and I can not see any violated to the security rules.

Could any one advice me:

- what the cause ?

- how can I debug it?

- if possible to fix it without disable the port security?

Any comments will be appreciated

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

douhanm
Level 1
Level 1

Start with cleaning the config a bit, basically for QoS all you need is the mls qos trust DSCP and nothing else, as for port security it would be adviced to have the max no to 3 to avoid issues.

yes it is possible to fix without disabling port security but start with cleaning your config from srr queue adjustments, auto qos can be removed it is so buggy still. then let us know how it looks like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

douhanm
Level 1
Level 1

Start with cleaning the config a bit, basically for QoS all you need is the mls qos trust DSCP and nothing else, as for port security it would be adviced to have the max no to 3 to avoid issues.

yes it is possible to fix without disabling port security but start with cleaning your config from srr queue adjustments, auto qos can be removed it is so buggy still. then let us know how it looks like.

Great thanks for the reply, I have found the problem. the problem is the "switchport port-security aging time" has to be lower than 2. I have set it to 1 min.

Another question, we have been asked to set qos trust dscp, as:

mls qos trust dscp

can I get advice, if it will cause the workstation (PC/server) which plug into this port to get high priority treatment?

Please advice.

Many Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: