cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage installed, no outside calls working

m-jennings
Level 4
Level 4

Installed VT Advantage and "Enabled" video for my phone. Now, if the VTA app is loaded, I can't make even local calls. Shutdown the app, and I can make calls. I know it's something simple.

I only have one Region allowing 384k for video.

5 Replies 5

I assume you are using an ISDN line to connect to the PSTN via an H.323 gateway. This issue has to do with the bearer capabilities IE you are sending to the PSTN. If you run a 'debug isdn q931' trace on your calls, you should see output similar to the output I have attached (see attached file).

The easiest resolution to this issue is to tell your voice gateway that the ISDN voice port only supports voice. You can do this with the following commands:

voice-port [Your ISDN Voice Port - Example: 3/0:23]

bearer-cap Speech

Hope this helps! Let me know!

I assume you are using an ISDN line to connect to the PSTN via an H.323 gateway. This issue has to do with the bearer capabilities IE you are sending to the PSTN. If you run a 'debug isdn q931' trace on your calls, you should see output similar to the output I have attached (see attached file).

The easiest resolution to this issue is to tell your voice gateway that the ISDN voice port only supports voice. You can do this with the following commands:

voice-port [Your ISDN Voice Port - Example: 3/0:23]

bearer-cap Speech

Hope this helps! Let me know!

That did the trick. Too bad it wasn't in the VTA admin guide.

I'm glad it worked! If the solution was helpful, please rate my post.

Thank You!

Chris

Hey... that worked... I've been scratching my head on that one for a bit.