Helpful
Replies

We cannot upgrade SX10 with CE8.3.8

Tianjun Zhou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We try to upgrade SX10 with CE8.3.8,

during the test, I found that upgrading from ce8.2.0 to ce8.3.8 or ce8.3.7 to ce8.3.8 would be stuck in the upload page "uploading software, please wait..."

Upgrade method: log in to sx10 on the web page and upload the software

Browser: the latest version of chrome, the latest version of Microsoft edge, ie

Package: s52030ce8_3_8.pkg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The old software is not verifying the pkg header. The software has re-build and swapped on cisco.com.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From memory (as it was a long time ago I last used CE8.2.0), there was a bug in that particular software release that prevented some upgrades.   You would need to upgrade to CE8.2.1 or CE8.2.2 first, then you should be able to upgrade to a more recent release.  Getting access to CE8.2.1 or 2 may be your next issue as the software has been deferred, so you may need to go through Cisco TAC to get this.

I'd also highly recommend that you consider upgrading to the CE9.x software release as this is the current version that is being developed.  The latest software release as at the date of this post is CE9.10.0 (note, you would need to perform a step upgrade to get to CE9.10.0 as well, via ce9.9.1 or ce9.8.2 first).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne.
I did some tests.
Upgrade from ce8.2.0 to ce8.3.6, ce8.2.0 to ce8.3.7, ce8.2.0 to ce9.10.0, and 8.3.7 to 9.10.0,all upgraded successfully.
Upgrade from CE8.3.7 to CE8.3.8 failed.
I guess there's something wrong with the package s52030ce8_3_8.pkg.
At present, we still need to use the ce8.X.X version .

I have open a TAC case, and will update new information.

The old software is not verifying the pkg header. The software has re-build and swapped on cisco.com.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: