cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Board and Video Mesh Media Resources?

Art Luke
Level 1
Level 1

I have an upcoming deployment of Webex Edge services including Edge Connect, Edge Audio, and Video Mesh. I've been going over both the CVD and the video mesh deployment guide to better understand the architecture and deployment process. There seems to be a discrepancy between the CVD and the deployment guide in terms of how Webex Boards work with Video Mesh.

The CVD cites that "Cisco Webex Board traffic is sent to the Webex cloud media services."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/hybrid/12x/hybcvd/hms.html

The Deployment Guide states that Webex boards "Use Webex Video Mesh Node on Point to Point Calls and multiparty meetings":

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/videomesh/cmgt_b_webex-video-mesh-deployment-guide/cmgt_b_hybrid-media-deployment-guide_chapter_01.html

Anyone have some insight on this? Should I believe the CVD or Deployment guide? Any additional resources in understanding the architecture of this solution would be greatly appreciated! :-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My boards are for sure using the Video Mesh node first for both types of calls.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My boards are for sure using the Video Mesh node first for both types of calls.

@Mike_Brezicky - thanks for confirming! Seems to be the consensus from the Cisco Live presentation (BRKCOL-1120) as well, which is the most detailed info available that I could find in understanding this architecture.

Cisco Live presentation shows HTTPS/443 to Webex for signaling on webex-registered devices, with media first through video mesh server, then failing over to cloud media services if out of resources on the video mesh node. Also calls out exceptions for Webex Teams browser client, Webex Calling-registered phones, Webex Meetings App, and "Call my video system".

@cisco - Please update the Hybrid Services CVD - Chapeter 4 Overview! ;-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: