cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Board conversion to CE9.8.0 for registration on CUCM?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco has release CE9.8.0 release which now supports the Webex Board series for registration on CUCM.

In the release notes it is indicated how to convert Board but after the factory reset I still cannot get access to the admin page of the board. I continues to download the logs instead.

The notes also indicate to download the software to upgrade the Board but not which file. Is this theone: cmterm-s53200ce9_8_0-be9359915d0.k3.cop.sgn. Looks to me it can only be used for installation on CUCM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you able to check the software version it is currently on, as it may be running on an old version?

If it is on a really old version, you may need to re-pair it with the cloud (and make sure the board can connect through all your firewalls properly) to update to a newer version you can then access via the browser correctly.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, cmterm-s53200ce9_8_0-be9359915d0.k3.cop.sgn is the correct file - and the same file you would use for a Room Kit or Room Kit Plus as they all now run the same software load.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the information.

The next step is to get control of the Webex Board. After a factory reset I'm still not able to get to the admin interface when browsing to the IP address. How can I get control to be able to install the CE software?

Tested on another Webex Board and there I get the login screen. I need to investigate why this does not work on the other Webex Board...

Can you ping it? 

Are you able to check the software version it is currently on, as it may be running on an old version?

If it is on a really old version, you may need to re-pair it with the cloud (and make sure the board can connect through all your firewalls properly) to update to a newer version you can then access via the browser correctly.

Wayne

Indeed after registration to the Cloud the Webex Board did an upgrade and the web admin page became available. Thanks for the help.

Hi Experts,
I understand that Board 85, room kit plus, room kit pro teams can already register to a cucm and work onpremisse?

Can you tell me which version of cucm could you register?

Regards.

CarlosP

@carlos.perez1 wrote:

Can you tell me which version of cucm could you register?

Any version that has the device pack installed to support those particular devices.  Could be anything from 10.5 - 12.5. 

See the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Package Compatibility Matrix - Current for details.

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: