Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex endpoints / Web SW upgrade transfer time out

Hey,

I was upgrading several Webex room 55/70/Plus via web direct upgrade using cop file and noticed that if the file transfer runs for over an hour or so, I get some kind of time out. I get redirected to the login page before the cop file had a chance to finish uploading. Once I log back in, the transfer is gone and I sometimes see peripherals unreachable and have to reboot to fix it. 

I'm currently working with TAC to upgrade these "slower connection" units using WinSCP. So far so good.

Is there a way to allow a cop file transfer to run for over an hour via web? 

The only config item I found is xconfig/security/InactivityTimeout which is set to 0. I assume this means not set.

The endpoints I was looking at were running flavours of 9.8, 9.9 or 9.10 and I am upgrading them to 9.15.3.22.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Reply 1

I should have added to be clear, there is no CUCM. I am using the endpoint cop file to upgrade via web.

Update:

After setting xconfig/security/InactivityTimeout to the max value of 10000 (min), logging out and back in, the file transfer doesn't time out anymore after an hour.

I think the default value of 0 is causing an interruption after an hour. Could be a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: