Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Room Device Software Licensing

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around ordering licenses for WebEx Room devices for on-site deployment with registration to CUCM.

On CCW when I configure a WebEx Room 55 using the part code CS-ROOM55-K9 I can select what system I want to register the unit with and get a SKU for a CUCM TelePresence Room license (LIC-TP-ROOM-11.X) included in the BOM. I also get an option to select a bundled CMS Shared Multi-Party License as part of the config and get a SKU for this included (LIC-SMP+EP).

When I try to configure a WebEx Room Kit Plus using the part code CS-KITPLUS-K9 I do not get any options to choose a UCM license or CMS Sharred MPP license. Does this mean that these have to be purchased separately? 

The Cisco Video Devices Ordering Guide issued in December 2018 is less than clear about this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
Use these bundle SKUs CS-KIT-BUN-K9 room kit or CS-KITPLUS-BUN-K9 room kit plus for ordering SMP and room license needs to be done separately.
Pushing to put into ordering guide.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
Use these bundle SKUs CS-KIT-BUN-K9 room kit or CS-KITPLUS-BUN-K9 room kit plus for ordering SMP and room license needs to be done separately.
Pushing to put into ordering guide.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Thanks Ash - exactly what I needed to know. It does seem a bit inconsistent with how the WebEx Room 55 (for example) is sold. It would be nice to get the UCM license and chance to buy a discounted CMS SMP license as part of the on-premise Rom Kit Plus SKU.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: