cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Room Kit and HDMI switch - Am i missing something?

HeathT
Level 1
Level 1

I have the need to share content using a switch between a laptop, desktop and microscope, all over HDMI into a WebEx Room Kit. 

I used an el-cheapo Cables To Go $100 switch and it worked fine, but had a crazy lag between switching.  (around 9+ seconds)

https://www.cablestogo.com/product/41500/4-port-hdmi-selector-switch-taa-compliant

I swapped it out for a Crossbow seemless switch. 

https://sewelldirect.com/products/crossbow-hdmi-multiviewer-seamless-switch?utm_campaign=hector&utm_content=crossbow&utm_medium=video&utm_source=youtube&variant=15164898934830

It switches amazingly fast with a direct line through to the display, but only gives me a black screen when trying to share it through the WebEx Room Kit. 

Is there a setting I need to change on the Room Kit to allow the signal?  I tried adjusting the resolution on the output but none of them worked.

PLEASE HELP!  THANKS!!!!

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the switch is somehow putting out content marked as HDCP, then that would prevent the RoomKit from displaying it.  I'd suggest you go through the documentation and configuration for the switcher as there really isn't anything on the RoomKit you can change that will likely help you.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion Wayne.  No mention of HDCP in the manual, but at least I know there's no adjustment to be made on the Room Kit itself.  I'll experiment more with switchers.

Thanks!

-Heath

Does the switcher have any CLI or web admin settings? First thing I would check if getting a black screen is the EDID settings to make sure the switcher is not trying to use or send incompatible settings to the display.

James | Jordan
Level 1
Level 1

I replaced it with a Crossbow smooth switch.

If the switch is somehow putting out HDCP-protected video, the Rootkits will be unable to display it. I'd recommend going over the switcher's instructions and setup, since there isn't much you can modify on the Rootkits that would likely assist you.

Wayne \s—
Please remember to score replies and, if appropriate, mark your question as answered.