Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Room Kit deployment

Jonathan Galvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

a customer has became a demo WebEx Room Kit and I am trying to configure it, so that they have the best user experience!

The customer has CUCM and WebEx Meeting Server (OnPremise) and also a ControlHub.

I have already configured the device on the cloud but now we can not join any OnPremise Hosted Meeting, cause I can not just tipp the meeting number and one button to joing work only on WebEx Cloud Meeting.

I can also configure the Room Kit on the CUCM but I am not sure, if I can use it with the WebEx Meeting (OnPremise) and if it is possible, how can I do it.

So my questions are:

1.- Is there a possibility to join an OnPremise hosted meeting with a cloud registered device?

2.- If the room kit is registered with CUCM, how can I use it with the WebEx Meeting (OnPremise)

Many thanks as always for your help

Regards, Jonathan

7 Replies 7

1. AFAIK no.

2. If I remember correctly, it’s almost 5 years ago since we left the on-prem CWMS as it was not even close to par with the functionality or stability of the Webex cloud service, it was using SIP route patterns in CM to route the calls from video systems to CWMS. I’m about sure it is covered in documentation.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I appreciate your answer

1.- It is a pity.

2.- I know I can just register the device on CUCM and call the Route Pattern to reach the CWMS. I just want to improve the user experience and give them the possibility to invite the room on a OnPremise Meeting. Would be that possible, if yes can you please send me the documentation, where it is explained.

Many thanks and regards,

Jonathan

CWMS is an EOL announced product which reach EOL by 2023. Replacement product will be webex cloud. 

You can have onprem registered devices connected to cloud using webex edge solution. Shared links Is a presentation regarding 

There are  lot of document and  live presentations regarding this topics. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I am not sure, if that will be very helpful but I will try it

Regards, Jonathan

I think that you possibly can create a macro and assign it to a button/icon to have it used to connect to the meeting. How to can be found on previous posts in the community. Use the search option to find the appropriate information.

As stated earlier it’s a long time ago since I had any own experience with CWMS. I don’t have any information at hand for this anymore. My recommendation would be for you to search for the information by yourself. Likely a simple search on Google would yield you the information needed.

Response Signature

Do you have the needed equipment in your system landscape to support video in your on-prem meetings. See this post for details. https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/cwms-2-8-video-call-from-video-phone/td-p/3373630

Response Signature

Per this post what you ask about is not applicable for CWMS. https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/sx10-sx20-with-cwms-and-cms/td-p/3055155

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: