Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Room Kit Mini 2nd call issues through USB-C

neelpatel87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have Room Kit Mini's registered to WebEx Cloud integrated with on-premise Hybrid Services.  The endpoints are registered to the cloud.  

The Scenario is as follows:

A PC is connected to the Mini Webex Kit via a USB-C cable, calls through the PC on 3rd party software (e.g. Slack, Skype for Business) work correctly using the Mini Webex Kit as a Mic/Speaker/Webcam.

However after this call has ended the next call will crackle when ringing and when the call connects the 3rd party software advises the user that it cannot find a microphone. The user cannot be heard on the other end and the video does not seem to work either, the only function working correctly is the speaker as the user can hear the person on the other end, but the call cuts out after a short period of time. As the PC is connected to the unit via a USB-C Cable it does not appear on the room kit mini touch panel. Unplugging and plugging back in the USB-C cable has no effect on these outcomes. Rebooting the PC solves the issue for another call, but problem returns of 2nd call. 

When testing with laptops the calls work correctly every time and do not require reboots.

Has anyone experienced issues like this?  Any tips would be appreciated.

1. Room Kit Mini Software Version: RoomOS 2019-07-02 a37dc2ce640
  2. PC: Dell OptiPlex 9020M
  3. WIndows OS Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134
  4. Audio Driver: Microsoft Driver 10.0.17134.1
  5. Microphone Driver: Microsoft Driver 10.0.17134.1

Many Thanks

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it's all working fine with laptops and other devices, then it sounds much like the Dell PC that you are using has an issue.

Have you tried other USB ports?  Checked for the latest USB driver or BIOS updates?  Tried a different PC (in case it's a PC hardware issue with that particular unit)?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Sorry I should have been more clear, we have 2 of these PCs connected to 2 separate Room Kit Minis and it’s a problem on both.

As I said, if the RoomKit is working fine with other devices apart from these specific PC types (you said it was working fine for different laptops), then it is likely there is an issue with that type of PC - either the PC's hardware or the device drivers you are using.  I would spend my time looking in to that, as if the RoomKit is working fine with other devices, then it points the finger at the PC device being the problem.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.