cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Kit Mini with 3rd party SIP provider + setup wizard does does not disappear

Hi,

I have an issue with 2 Telepresence devices.

Cisco Webex Room Kit Mini software version ce 9.6.0 76c1685b70e 2018-11-26

Cisco Spark Codec Plus software version ce 9.2.5 9c6d387 2018-05-04

I have configured both devices for registering to a 3rd party SIP registrar server. The registration and calling are working from what I can see via remote.

But the both local Touch 10 devices (direct connect on the Spark codec and for the Mini connected via LAN) shows the setup wizard screen and no matter what the local admin is tapping the Touch 10 is thinking that it is not registered to any SIP server. The Touch 10 want to start the setup wizard, but as there is NO Cisco server available and Webex should not be used the end is to connect to USB or HDMI.

My question is how can I tell the Touch 10 that the codec is already correct registered or how can I disable the setup wizzard.

Thank you and regards

Jens

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you go to the web interface of the codec and go to Setup, Configuration, then type "wizard" in to the search box, you shoul dthen see the "Experimental" settigns pop up - there you can set the "RunStartupWizard" to "False".  

PS I'd also recommend that you update one or both of the endpoints so they are running consistent CE software releases on both as this will make supporting them easier as they will then have the same feature sets and bug fixes.  The latest release of CE as at the date of this post is CE9.8.0.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you go to the web interface of the codec and go to Setup, Configuration, then type "wizard" in to the search box, you shoul dthen see the "Experimental" settigns pop up - there you can set the "RunStartupWizard" to "False".  

PS I'd also recommend that you update one or both of the endpoints so they are running consistent CE software releases on both as this will make supporting them easier as they will then have the same feature sets and bug fixes.  The latest release of CE as at the date of this post is CE9.8.0.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne. Works with the lates software. Seems that ce 9.6 does have an issue with this setup

@Wayne DeNardi wrote: