Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Kit Plus - Need to enable Proximity

DustinWeaver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Webex Room Kit Plus, and I am trying to figure out how to enable users to use Cisco Proximity. I am not seeing the setting to enable this.

Thank you for any help!

2 Replies 2

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

you will want to log into the device.  you can do this by connecting to the IP address directly or through the webex control hub which will direct you to the IP address.  Once you are in the system, click on Setup, then configuration.  click on Audio and scroll to the bottom of that settings window.  you will find a setting called Ultrasound.  Make certain the volume on that is turned up.  next find the Proximity tab on the left.  Make certain the Mode is turned On and the Content Share is Enabled.  Save the settings.  It should now be on.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't mention whether your Webex Room Kit Plus is locally registered (such as to a CUCM or VCS), or whether it is registered to the Webex Cloud.  

If you are using it Cloud Registered, then you are probably better off using the Webex Teams app to share content with the Webex registered endpoint instead of the old Proximity app.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: