Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex room mini/kit/plus/pro/

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

I have to propose the VC endpoints to customers for 3 meeting room which will be cloud registered, based on what factors the VC endpoint should be chosen. 

Hence i saw the Datasheet for Webex room kit, Webex room kit plus, Webex room kit pro, there is no difference in camera speakers Quality except the mic inputs and hdmi inputs,

so experts please clarify what the key factors to choose the video endpoint for the room

here are some points clicking in me.

Room Size

No of people

Meeting room Table

No of Microphones.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Speaker tracking is not a function of the Kit Plus or Kit Pro - it's a function of the camera unit, either the quad camera or ST 60. Yes, they have built in microphones for audio triangulation and they also use facial detection so they won't zoom in on a ringing phone on the table or anything like that. 

As for the Quad vs ST60 - you are mistaken on the zoom capability - the four cameras in the quad cam unit have no optical zoom, they have 5X digital zoom capability. The Precision 60 cameras on the ST60 have 10X optical zoom and 2X digital zoom for a total of 20X zoom capability. 

Which is better depends on the room/table size. If the people are within 30 feet of the camera unit I'd go with the quad - the 5X zoom is enough and the lack of physical camera movement is desirable since some people finding the moving cameras distracting. If the room is big however, the ST60's superior zoom capability is a big plus, so it's worth considering in that case. 

See this document for details on both: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precision60-speakertrack60-camera-guide.pdf

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dear experts

awaiting replies of ur experience.

thanks

The size of the room is the biggest factor in determining which device.
The RK Mini is good for a small huddle room - like a 10x10 room with 4 chairs
The Room Kit is good for average size meeting rooms. The largest room I have one in is 20x18. This needed 1x extra mic run to the table.
The Room Kit Plus is good for average to large rooms. Note, the Plus does not come with built in microphones like the mini and room kit, so you will need to purchase them. Up to 3 can be added, and if it is a large room (ex. 30x30) ceiling mics would be optimal. Second camera can be added as well.
The Room Kit Pro expands the capabilities of the Plus to another level. It can have up to 6 cameras and 7 microphones. These would be ideal for your Boardrooms or heavy large training rooms. Can have three displays connected natively.

Please have a look at project workplace - they have good examples of which device would work in each room.
https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/en-us/resources/deployment-scenarios

I also want to mention, there IS a difference in the cameras from the Room Kit, kit Min vs the Room Kit Plus and Pro. The quad camera that comes with the plus and pro is more powerful.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out Cisco Project Workplace for some ideas on what sort of endpoints you should be using for what types for rooms/configurations.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dears

The meeting room is 12m in length and 2m in width, which endpoint i should choose, please advise, the link is only showing the workspace that is without dimension of the room.

can anybody advise me please how to choose a video endpoint.

Thanks

Dear Mike.Dayne

I have a room which is of 20 people , hence cisco says for 14+ choose kit pro can i know the reason behind this , the unit has  quad camera same as kitplus , i don't need of extra cameras which has to be used as a presenter track which is not required in may case and another case for additional cameras which will be focused on one angle and i have to create a preset to change it manually, all this is not applicable for me , so now my question is what i shld purchase kit plus or kit pro ???

experts advise are always appreciated.

The suggestions are not only based on the camera choice, but also a likelihood that larger spaces may need additional microphones.   You can add more to a "Pro" than you can to a "Plus".   But if you are using external mics and DSPs they you may not need the extra ports on the "Pro" and a "Plus" may do the job you want.   It will all depend on your room size, shape, budget and business requirements.  If you're really stuck, I'd suggest you speak with one of your local Cisco Partners who should be able to come on site and look to help you design a room that meets your needs. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne

I respect your replies and as an expert, i do have a local cisco support for the same but i believe the community becz you'll speak in practical experience ,

u have mentioned in your reply

" It will all depend on your room size, shape" (table size 12 m length, and 2m width, sitting arrangement for 20 people) when feature list is same for kitplus, and kit pro, advise me what to choose in this scenario???

Thanks

For 12m x 2m, the length of the room is the main determining factor. I would choose the Room Kit Plus, and 2x ceiling or desktop microphones (one at head, and one at end of table) The pro would probably be overkill for this room unless you have a lot more requirements.

Dear MIke

Thanks for the reply and an leader in the community i would like to ask u, the below clarification.

For 12m x 2m, the length of the room is the main determining factor" how ??  can u elaborate why not kit pro ???? do we have any Cisco guideline for example so and so dimension  of room and table dimension we should choose x video endpoint ,

lets assume we would have a table of 18 m x 2 m then we would have chosen kit pro only becz of additional inputs for mic, becz camera will not make a difference becz kitplus and kit pro both have same camera, please correct me if i m wrong.

In both dimension of table  ( 12 x 2 or 18 x 2) the speaker tracking will not work for the far end person of the table.

Regardless of the room size, the differences between a Plus and a Pro are the number (and type) of inputs and outputs.   Pick whichever one meets your IO requirements.   

Wayne

And to be specific - The Plus can accept 3x 3.5mm audio inputs, where the pro can accept 8x euroblock audio inputs.

So still for your example of 18x2, the plus with 3 total mics would be sufficient. I typically only have a Pro deployed in a boardroom or large training / divisible room or any custom configurations.

Dear Experts

Thanks for the replies 

As i mentioned in my trails of email, lets do not speak about additional  inputs and outputs which PRO is giving  we will not speak about this

I am mainly focusing on Camera part, the camera is not making any difference in kit plus and pro please correct me if i m wrong.

I typically only have a Pro deployed in a boardroom or large training / divisible room or any custom configurations.

KIT PRO  in big training room and auditorium  is not giving any benefits from camera perspective except extra inputs and outputs,

So what else are you looking for an answer on?

All of your scenarios, a Kit Plus will accomplish your goals. It will utilize the same Quad camera and/or optional P60. Up to 3 camera inputs.

Ignoring the codec as the difference is just the IO capabilities, you then want to discuss cameras.  The codecs can work with different camera options, they don't have to only just use one.   You can buy the codecs with different options for the camera (ie with QuadCam, or with P60 camera, or with a SpeakerTrack 60 camera, or with a PTZ-12 Camera, or even just as the codec itself if you want to integrate a 3rd party camera).  You need to pick which camera will work best for your room requirements (see the Camera Guide), then pick which codec you want to meet your IO needs, and buy the bundle that works for you.

For many of the rooms I build, we use external video sources for image compositing, and audio DSP to handle many microphones and audio inputs/outputs, so just use the basic "Plus" codec as we do not need all the additional ports the "Pro" codec adds (and thus save money, as the Plus is cheaper).

Wayne