Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex room mini/kit/plus/pro/

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

I have to propose the VC endpoints to customers for 3 meeting room which will be cloud registered, based on what factors the VC endpoint should be chosen. 

Hence i saw the Datasheet for Webex room kit, Webex room kit plus, Webex room kit pro, there is no difference in camera speakers Quality except the mic inputs and hdmi inputs,

so experts please clarify what the key factors to choose the video endpoint for the room

here are some points clicking in me.

Room Size

No of people

Meeting room Table

No of Microphones.

Thanks

19 Replies 19

Dear wayne & Mike

very good answer, 

For many of the rooms I build, we use external video sources for image compositing, and audio DSP to handle many microphones and audio inputs/outputs, so just use the basic "Plus" codec as we do not need all the additional ports the "Pro" codec adds (and thus save money, as the Plus is cheaper).

if i use external video sources means different vendor cameras ( powerful one)??? then wht about speaker tracking becz what i know the speaker tracking in kit plus and pro it works in the camera unit and it has internal mics which detects the voice of the speaker   Please correct me if i m wrong.

Also to confirm that quad camera are better them speaker track precision 60 becz in quad camera it has optical lens zoom 5X and in precision 60 it has digital zoom which is 20X , so in your opinion which is better.

Please advise.

Speaker tracking is not a function of the Kit Plus or Kit Pro - it's a function of the camera unit, either the quad camera or ST 60. Yes, they have built in microphones for audio triangulation and they also use facial detection so they won't zoom in on a ringing phone on the table or anything like that. 

As for the Quad vs ST60 - you are mistaken on the zoom capability - the four cameras in the quad cam unit have no optical zoom, they have 5X digital zoom capability. The Precision 60 cameras on the ST60 have 10X optical zoom and 2X digital zoom for a total of 20X zoom capability. 

Which is better depends on the room/table size. If the people are within 30 feet of the camera unit I'd go with the quad - the 5X zoom is enough and the lack of physical camera movement is desirable since some people finding the moving cameras distracting. If the room is big however, the ST60's superior zoom capability is a big plus, so it's worth considering in that case. 

See this document for details on both: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precision60-speakertrack60-camera-guide.pdf

Hope this helps. 

Dear Patrick/wayne/Mike

Speaker tracking is not a function of the Kit Plus or Kit Pro - it's a function of the camera unit, either the quad camera or ST 60. Yes, they have built in microphones for audio triangulation and they also use facial detection so they won't zoom in on a ringing phone on the table or anything like that. 

As motioned in your email they are inside of the camera unit, so can advise me the 3rd part camera that can work with cisco codec with speaker tracking.

Thanks

Dear Experts 

Awaiting your advise.

@adamgibs7 wrote:

if i use external video sources means different vendor cameras ( powerful one)??? then wht about speaker tracking becz what i know the speaker tracking in kit plus and pro it works in the camera unit and it has internal mics which detects the voice of the speaker   Please correct me if i m wrong.

3rd party cameras generally don't have the "Speaker Tracking", if that's a feature you need (I don't in the majority of my installations).

If you need Speaker Tracking, go with the QuadCam or the SpeakerTrack60.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: