Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Share issues

Jason Salmans
Spotlight
Spotlight

Greetings all,

We've got a Webex Share (Cloud registered I believe) that we purchased to try out for meeting/classroom use at some point.  We've noticed the performance doesn't seem very good and I wanted to ask around to see if this was expected behavior due to hardware limitations or if we've got something configured incorrectly on the config or network?

Issues I'm seeing are unwatchable video shared, no audio during a video share (sometimes I can get the audio volume bar to appear but most of the time not but the audio never plays regardless), and an overall laggy experience.  I suspect for a static image share it would probably be fine but anything moving and it doesn't seem to provide a useable experience.

Anyone know of anything I can check?

3 Replies 3

chrisconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

I had some issues with the Webex Shares when we first introduced them. Some suggestions from my experience.

Double check they are running the last version of firmware. Ours were stuck on an old version and needed some help to get them upgraded to the latest code. That resolved most of our issues. I also had them placed next to the heat sink of the TV they were hooked to which was causing them to overheat. After shifting them over an inch and using some double sided tape to keep them from swinging back in front of the TV heat sink they became much more reliable.

If none of those help you can always pull the logs from the device and open a TAC case to see if they can work out where the delays are coming from for you.

Thanks very much for the reply!

Out of curiosity, what did you have to do to force them to upgrade?

Try a hard factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 seconds or try switching the software channel to preview and then switch it back to stable channel. Either way should work fine and accomplish giving it a kick start

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: