cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebRTC session from a Webex Room Kit Plus not working

Serge_Imani
Level 1
Level 1

When joining a Microsoft Teams meeting from a Room Kit Plus via webRTC, only seeing a splash screen with the logo.

Please is there someone who have experienced this issue and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance for your support.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A WebRTC join is deceptively simple: launch Chromium and GET the Teams join link. From there it’s regular MS Teams WebRTC URLs, IP prefixes, and ports. Is all of that allowed/open for the endpoint?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/3-envision-evaluate-my-environment
If you have a proxy, I would also bypass that for testing purposes to ensure it’s not tripping you up.

After that it’s probably time to look at logs from the endpoint, and likely a TAC case.

Hi Jonathan. In another post regarding known limitations of WebRTC, you indicated that "there are publicly stated plans to support CVI joins of any Teams Meeting". Where did you learn about this? We are desperate to figure out a way to share content and use (2) screens over WebRTC when participating in Teams meetings scheduled by outside organizations.

I recall it being mentioned at Webex One. Ask your Cisco Collab PSS or TSA about VIMT Cross-Tenant Join.