Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between LIC-SX20-PR vs LIC-SX20-HD

Philip Kiser
Level 4
Level 4

Hellow,

What is the difference bewteen the following license options on the SX20?  What are their limitations and capabilities?

LIC-SX20-PR vs LIC-SX20-HD

This thread did not answer my question: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2157275

Does the SX20 already have HD built in with the LIC-SX20-HD included when you purchase?  Its a Zero cost item when you spec it out.

Does the LIC-SX20-PR just support higher frame rates while in HD, if so can you tell me which ones are included with the LIC-SX20-HD and then I can do the delta between the two options myself.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Without the zero-cost LIC-SX20-HD option key, the highest resolution the SX20 will support is 1024x576@30fps.  With it, you can use 1280x720@30fps.  With the PR option key, you can use 1920x1080@30fps or 1280x720@60fps.

I think when they designed the SX20 (and it's predecessor the C20) they were going to charge a license fee for the HD option, but then later changes their minds and made it a zero cost option, but the software design still required it be in place.

I believe the HD key is a prerequisite for the PR key, and the PR key does nothing without the HD key already installed, but I'm not sure of that.

Thank you!  That clears it up for me!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: