cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the LATEST Tandberg 6000 Software Release (NOT Tandberg 6000 MXP)?

bhilton01
Level 1
Level 1

What is the LATEST Tandberg 6000 Software Update (NOT Tandberg 6000 MXP)?  I have software Release E5.3 NTSC.

Thanks,

bhilton01

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony T
Level 5
Level 5

Looks like E5.3 is the last release.

They're all still available at http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/classic/e-series/

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony T
Level 5
Level 5

Looks like E5.3 is the last release.

They're all still available at http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/classic/e-series/

Thanks Anthony!

A Zoom technician generated some logs for the Tandberg 6000 that has software release E5.3.  The log indicates the firmware is "30".  Is 30 the latest firmware update and is it the same as software E5.3?

Thanks.

I'm surprised that old dinosaur is still working.  Those old 6000s went end of sale in August 2004 and end of support in January 2010.   I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it continuing to function and be compatible with newer devices and would recommend that you replace it with something a bit more current (unless you're just using it for fun rather than something mission critical).

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Yes, the Tandberg 6000 is old.  However, we have several educational institutions that have old endpoints similar to the Tandberg 6000.  Our grant requires us to support such devices until they are replaced.

@bhilton01 wrote:

Our grant requires us to support such devices until they are replaced.

Ouch!   Supporting devices that are already 8 years past the vendor End of Support date must be very frustrating.   That's like saying you should still support Windows XP.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: