cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What port intelligent proximity is using to connect codec after it detects codec?

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

when our our user use intelligent proximity over a wifi network which has a firewall between the network codec is on. The connection fails even the smartphone detects the codec fine. So I wonder what kind of protocol and port the app is using to control the codec and receive the snapshots.

any insight on this?

thanks.

Lou

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your question would be best in the Proximity section of the forums.  On the main page, there is a link to some frequently asked questions, and within the FAQ is says how the pairing works.

The Cisco Proximity application is pairing to the system using utrasound where it receives details on how to connect to the endpoint over HTTPS. This requires that the handheld device i.e Phone or Tablet to be connected to a network where the system is reachable over HTTPS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your question would be best in the Proximity section of the forums.  On the main page, there is a link to some frequently asked questions, and within the FAQ is says how the pairing works.

The Cisco Proximity application is pairing to the system using utrasound where it receives details on how to connect to the endpoint over HTTPS. This requires that the handheld device i.e Phone or Tablet to be connected to a network where the system is reachable over HTTPS.

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: