cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 x64 VT camera II drivers

pmeadows1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get the Windows 7 x64 drivers for the VT camera II? If not, where can I get the Vista x64 drivers? Thank you.

34 Replies 34

aaronjbell
Level 1
Level 1

As time goes on, old methods stop working or get very out of date...

In a similar manner to previous posters I have been able to get lws110_x64 to work. In this case, it says it supports the Pro 5000 but it seems to be a newer model. In this case, replace 08CE with 08C7 (rather than replacing 08C5 which is the old model cam and isn't listed) in the lPRO564v.inf file.

1. Unplug the cam.

2. Download LWS from ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/quickcam/ and start the installation on your Win7 64bit machine.

3. Once running it will want you to plug the cam in. Don't as it won't detect it. Just let it sit there.

4. Locate the inf file and make the above changes. In my case it was in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Logitech_Webcam_1.10.1113.0\ but the path may very depending on the exact version you have downloaded.

5. Quit the install and restart it.

6. When asked, plug the cam in. As usual, it will think its a Pro5000.

From there it worked like a charm. I was able to use the cam brightness/etc settings from within the Logitech app, but if I clicked 'Webcam Settings' in Skype it caused Skype to die.

I haven't tested this with any of the other Cisco communicator stuff thus far.

It was the LWS/Readme/readme.html in the above installer that gave me the hint on the old vs. new model thing as it had the Pro 5000 listed but with a different ID.

I tried this today for several hours w/o success.  I can not find these or similar directories, with any xxx.inf file in them.  Win7x64 desktop.

Any ideas?  Caveats to the technique? 

Thanks,

Bob

i just got this to work.

i had to edit the following two files:

Ivcoin64.ini

IPRO464v.inf

they were located in this folder:

QuickCam_11.1.0\Drivers\x64\PRO464

works with my Cisco Jabber now.

you will go to users/ your name/ AppData

You you can't see AppData then go to the toolbar, click Organize. Folder and search options, click the view tab, click "show hidden files, folders, and drives.  Then you will find what you need.

realice el proceso pero no me funciono queda con signo de admiracion en el administrador de dispositivos pero se ubica en los dispositivos de imagen es para windows 7 de 64 bits por favor me ayudan

(using google translate on your request...) With the exclamation mark - Did you already download the drivers and install them??

If "YES",   then ----> Plug in your camera -> Device Manager -> Update Driver  -> ... -> Let Me Pick From A List -> Image Devices -> Logitech -> Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 ...

----
If "NO", then download and install them: As of 2020-July-15, Search for and download the driver(s):
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/search#q=Logitech%20Webcam%20Pro%209000&s=all —> Look for "Webcam Pro 9000"

DIRECT LINK ===> https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024839033--Downloads-Webcam-Pro-9000 ... —> Downloads  —> Windows   —> Windows 7 ...
-----
Good luck!

watguy
Level 1
Level 1

AARONJBELL'S WORKS WITH XP64, VISTA AND WINDOWS7 64.

Still a valid work around

cowboy7381
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco VT Camera II and the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 are devices that don't have drivers past Windows Vista. However, I downloaded the drivers for the Webcam Pro 9000 and was able to get my Cisco VT Camera II working on my computer running Windows 8.1. It was as simple as installing the driver, going into device manager -> Updated Driver Software -> Browse -> Let Me Pick From a List -> select Imaging Devices -> Chose Logitech and select the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000.

cowboy7381,

This is 100% Total Problem Resolution!

(I had to complete the installation for, Logitech's Webcam Pro 9000 software suite, before Logitech -> Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 would appear in the List to Pick From).
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/3056?section=downloads&bit=&osid=23

Once the process has been completed, all audio, video, and Webcam functions work flawlessly.

I have since tested, and proven, the Webcam's functionality with the following programs & OS:

• Cisco Jabber
  • Logitech's Webcam Pro 9000 software suite
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 8
  • Windows7 x32
  • Windows7 x64

June 2014. This solution does indeed work.

I followed the link to download the drivers provided by chnoble4400. Also needed to follow device manager steps outlined by cowboy7381. Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot cowboy7381 and chnoble4400

Works as described on Windows 7 64-bit :) 

Download link used was http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/webcam-pro-9000#download

Procedure same as listed earlier. Still listing a bit detailed.

Click on Windows under Downloads to start the download of the software. While installing it prompts to plug in the USB Camera. Once plugged in the windows will try to install the software and say device not recognised. That is fine. Continue to install the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 software. Once completed installation then go to Control Panel - Device Manager - Imaging devices - select Logitech in left hand column and select the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 in right hand column. 

NOTE: If you do not see the Device Manager under Control Panel, you need to change the View by from Category to Small icons.

Once installed the webcam works a charm :)

Works fine with Webex, Jabber

Regards,
Sagar

This procedure works fine with Windows 10 x64.

Tested in Jabber, WebEx, Skype and of course with the Logitech Webcam Software.

Regards.

Ignacio

Instructions also worked for Win 10 Pro 64-bit (1803).

Camera suite downloaded from Logitech site http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/webcam-pro-9000#download and software version: 2.80.853.0a (lws280.exe)

Works like a charm with Cisco Video Advantage, latest version on Win 7 64bit  Thanks for the info. 

YES!! This is indeed an old thread - but I happened to desperately need an extra camera for a desktop during this Covid-19 shutdown and had this round shaped Cisco web camera with the privacy cover in my tech junk pile.  It's pretty ancient looking one (lol) but figured that it still worked b/c the Windows device manager created an "unknown device" etc.  So I asked Dr Google to search "driver cisco usb USB\VID_046D&PID_08C7&REV_0005&MI_00" and eventually got to the cisco.com discussions.

Anyhow, THANK YOU cowboy7381 for info!!!  This camera still works on Windows 10 update 1909 WITHOUT any extra software to download!  Just follow what cowboy7381 stated.

Plug in your camera -> Device Manager -> Update Driver  -> ... -> Let Me Pick From A List -> Image Devices -> Logitech -> Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 ... and VIOLA!!

Good luck!