Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless peripherals MIC/Touch

Hello,

have anyone good ideas for some wireless peripherals for Telepresence systems ?

From my point of view cables are boring when we install SX80 with dual LED panels on mobile stand from Vogels and really cable to microphones and touch panel looks bad.

I hope it's not a problem to get some wireless microphone but I don't have any for test and really Cisco wired microphones are very good.

Secondary I will be very pleased when touch panel can be without cable because I hope bluetooth + battery (touch panel looks like tablet, why it can be used like it ?) and recharging with some docking or wireless charger will be something that would highlight Cisco Telepresence.

I know it's only idea and many people had it before but It's only about costs ? I really will pay more (little more :)) when I get something great and useful.

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As you've got an SX80 which is an Integrator Series Endpoint, there a multitude of third party options you can use.  We have some installations that use wireless microphones and wireless Crestron control panels here with SX80 endpoints.

It all depends on the level and complexity of the control you want.  Have a look at Cisco Proximity if you just need basic control from a device such as an iPad.

We actually prefer the wired solution as it requires less maintenance (someone's got to keep the batteries charged or replaced when you're wireless, and if they get forgotten, chances are they'll be flat when you need them most).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.,

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.