cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless sharing in different meeting room scenarios (Cloud /On-Premise, Webex Team/Webex Meeting/Non Webex)

mohdshajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how wireless sharing and proximity works in various meeting room scenarios, with and without Webex Teams and considering whether the room endpoint is registered to cloud or on-premise infrastructure.  

Sometimes its bit confusing. Can you please confirm whether my understanding is correct or not for various scenarios below:

Scenario 1: With Webex registered room device and Webex Team user 

My understanding: wireless sharing works within webex team app and without using proximity app

Scenario 2: With Webex registered room device and Non-Webex Team user

My understanding: wireless sharing works with proximity app installed in the Non-Webex team user's Laptop/mobile. Both user's laptop and room device has to be on same LAN. 

Scenario 3: With On-premise registered room device and Webex Team user 

My understanding: wireless sharing works with proximity app installed in the Webex team user's laptop. Both webex team user's laptop and endpoint has to be on same LAN. Sharing cant happen within webex team as the device is registered to on-premise.

Scenario 4: With On-premise registered room device and Non-Webex Team user

My understanding: wireless sharing works with proximity app installed in the Non-Webex team user's laptop. Both non-webex team user and room device has to be on same LAN

Scenario 5: With Webex registered room device and Webex Meeting host with Desktop app.

My understanding: wireless sharing works with proximity app installed in the Webex meeting host's laptop. Wireless sharing from Webex meeting Desktop app not yet supported.

Scenario 6: With On-premise registered room device and Webex Meeting host

My understanding: wireless sharing works with proximity app installed in the Webex meeting host's laptop. Wireless sharing from Webex meeting Desktop app not yet supported.

You may please comment, Correct / In-Correct against each scenario.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can simplify your list a bit.

1) If the endpoint is registered on-prem, you use Proxmity

2) If the endpoint is registered to the Webex Cloud, you use Webex Teams

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne,

I understands that the Webex Teams now enables wireless sharing to on-premises registered video devices, when proximity is enabled on the devices.
Do u have an update on wireless sharing with Webex meetings desktop app on cloud registered video devices ?

Webex Teams does not currently allow you to connect to control/share to Proximity enabled on-prem endpoints.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

The latest Cisco Webex team updates allows wireless sharing between Webex Teams and On-premise devices 

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/ygzyk7

Regards