Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We working with:

MCU 5310

CUCM 8.62

We don't have gatekeeper

We register the mcu to the mcu according to the deployment process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/install_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_Deployment_guide_1-31.pdf

But now i'm stuck! i can't make calls throgh the MCU.

Someone can explain me how it works:

1. what is the difrence between sip trunk to confrence bridge (can i work with both? or i 'll get conflict?)

2. in confrence bridge - for my understanding, when i call to to 4 endpoints/phones i will use the mulysite in the sx20 but in the fifth it will open automaitcly room in the MCU to all the participants and transfer them to that room - am i right? (in that way it dos'nt work for me now!)

3. so how it works in sip trunk?

4. is there any configurations in the MCU?

5. there is ports that i need to open?

Please help me to solve it.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

First thing you have to do is to check out the latest deployment guide for Cisco Telepresence MCU. You have an old document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/install_guide/mcu_deployment_guide_4-4.pdf

1) The difference between using SIP Trunk or Media resource on CUCM is basically how you will join the conference hosted on the telepresence MCU. When using MCU as media resource, you will have adhoc conferences, the users will be able to join conferences using the "Conference" softkey on their devices or using the "Meet-Me" feature. When using MCU with a SIP Trunk, you will have Rendezvous conferences, you will be able to statically create conferences on the MCU, or create conferences dinamically by using a prefix. You also can have static conference numbers and have scheduled conferences (using the basic web page of the MCU, not TMS). In addition, you can dial-out from MCU to the participants.

To work MCU as media resource, you will have to enable port reservation on the MCU, which does not match the  Rendezvous conferencing concept. Therefore, you should not use both methods at the same time. Then, use your MCU either as media resource or as a SIP Trunk.

2) That is not correct. Multisite feature and conference bridge of CUCM cannot work at the same time. You must to either use your endpoint to use CUCM's media resource or to use built-in multipoint capability. Check the page 46 of this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc7/administration-guide/administering-endpoints-running-tc70-on-ucm912.pdf

3) I guess it has already been answered above.

4) Yes, both methods required configuration on the MCU. Check the MCU Deployment Guide to get further information.

5) What kind of ports are you talking about?

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".