Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong source for camera.

Visualcom23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We have a bunch of customers with C-systems experiencing a problem that the codec sudenly shoose the presentation cable as camera source when it wakes up from standby.

First of all, does anyone know why they do this?

Is there a way to prevent this if you don't have the system connected to a TMS? (You can hard set the source via templates in the TMS)

Is there an easy way for a user to set this right? That is, so they doesn't have to go in to the advanced configuration tree, down to Video and change it there, or in via the GUI and change it there?

Thanks in advance!

/Olof

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which codec and which software version do you use?

Any problems with the camera (power, to long cable, ..)

Any control panel used?

Are the camera and the prensentation cable connected directly or is there for example some matrix switch involded?

Is a computer all the time connected to the presentation input or also "nothing"?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Several kind's of codecs, but mainly C20:s and SX20:s. No Edge MXP-codecs though, the only affected codecs are C-codecs (No EX).

As far as I have been able to work out, it happens when a user has used the presentation during a call and don't turn of the presentation before seting the system goes into standby.

There isn't anything wrong with the camera in this case. As soon as you reset the Default video source to 1 (Or 2 in MX-systems) it starts to work right a way.

The thing is that you have to go in to the advances configuration in the codec, or via the GUI to do this.

I want to know if there's any easier way to change this setting?

This has happened to systems both on matrixes, no matrixes, computers connected all the time and not.

Hi,

Are you using dual stream for your presentation or presentation is send over main video channel?

If dual stream, the default set in the codec(C20 and SX20) for dual stream source is as follows:

xConfiguration Video DefaultPresentationSource: 2

But if you are sending the PC source over the main video, and did not change back before the system goes into standby, when the system wakes up from standby, it stays at the previous source that you have selected.

Regards.

So the correct answer is that there isn't any easy way for the users to correct this if it happens? They have to go in to the advanced configuration/web-GUI/commandline to reset it?

The Main video source is by some reason set to 2 (1 on MX-systems) when the users have used the presentation and didn't turn it of before the system goes into standby. The Defalut presentation source is never changed. This leads to the picture being black the next time a user want's to use the system and the recieving party can't see anything/self view is black.

I havent heard from this issue, but that does not mean that it does not exist.

Unless you do not have a conrol panel or TMS which is rewriting something unwanted (which can cause

ot also fix the issue) I have no good explanation for it.

At least it sounds for me as an unwanted bahavior as well.

You never answered the question about the software version.

Especially if you run the same version on all systems with the issue I would become alerted.

I would consider trying out the latest or if you already run this an earlier version to see

if the problem is gone.

Further check in the bug toolkit if its a known but and if you have a valid service contract feel

free to consider to open a TAC case if you do not get a better answer here.

You can generate a tac case out of this thread (howto)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

All the systems that I have encountered with this problem are running TC5.1.x.

However, the previous versions have bugs that make this one prefereble. I.e. the camera-bug in TC4. =)

I've thought about opening a TAC-case but wanted to ask here first.

I'm going to look in to setting up templates for the customers that have their systems connected to a TMS to reset the settings automaticaly.

Thank you!

>So the correct answer is that there isn't any easy way for the users to correct this if it happens?

I think the most easiest way to change(correct) main source on TC series is just to use softkey, isn't it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: