cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP response code 401

gcook0001
Level 1
Level 1

I installed ThousandEyes on my C9407 switch. It seems to be working but I keep getting the following message in the switch logs

%IM-5-IOX_INST_NOTICE: R0/0: ioxman: IOX SERVICE teyes LOG: Error posting results to https://data1.agt.thousandeyes.com: HTTP response code 401

I have tried finding a solution but nothing. How do I resolve this?

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is the device able to get to Internet and access to that URL ? if so it says error posting with response 401 (looks for me authentication issue ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks. I understand that it is an authentication issue. The ThousandEye agent installed on the switch is trying to send data to the the ThousandEyes portal and it is having an authentication issue. The issue is I don't see anywhere that allows me to put in credentials for this. Plus I am getting data from the agent to the portal so I don't know what this message is that keeps repeating every minute or so.

As per my experience you can try this-

The error message is [error posting with response 401] typically indicates an authentication issue. The device is likely able to access the internet and the specified URL, but the request is being rejected because it lacks proper authentication credentials. This could be due to incorrect  credentials in the request header.

i hope this will help you.

Thanks
Anil
Software Engineer

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @gcook0001 - I ran your situation by our experts and their opinion is that the next step would be to connect ot the container and see the response of a curl to the URL. They recommend contacting our support team for help with that - if you've never worked with our support team before they're great! Details on how to contact them here

Thanks!

Ok. This is getting to be the worst product I have used in a while. I have had nothing but errors with this. I contacted support about the issue and the response was. "You shouldn't be getting those messages in your logs"  and then referred me to the installation documents. I come in this morning and it is not working at all. All I get is the following four error messages repeating over and over. Troubleshooting is horrible. 

Mar 11 09:24:11 UTC: %IM-5-IOX_INST_NOTICE: R0/0: ioxman: IOX SERVICE teyes LOG: No previous member (1) for OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.2.0.0.0.0
Mar 11 09:24:12 UTC: %IM-5-IOX_INST_NOTICE: R0/0: ioxman: IOX SERVICE teyes LOG: No previous member (2) for OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.2.169.254.0.0
Mar 11 09:24:14 UTC: %IM-5-IOX_INST_NOTICE: R0/0: ioxman: IOX SERVICE teyes LOG: No previous member (2) for OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.2.169.254.0.0
Mar 11 09:24:22 UTC: %IM-5-IOX_INST_NOTICE: R0/0: ioxman: IOX SERVICE teyes LOG: ThousandEyes Agent starting up

@gcook0001 - I'm sorry this has been a frustrating experience, it's definitely not intended! I know that Carmen has been looking for your case to dig deeper into it, and that updates should be shared to your existing case.

roriosar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @gcook0001, this is Carmen from the Support Escalation Team at ThousandEyes. I understand that your experience so far hasn't met your expectations, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've encountered. To ensure we address your concerns promptly and effectively, could you please provide your support case number? This will allow me to review all the relevant details and take the necessary steps to help resolve the error you're experiencing with our product. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're here to support you every step of the way.

**Edited to remove**

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you @gcook0001 - I've gotten the case number removed from public view but have passed it on to Carmen, who should be reaching out to you via private message.