cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML 2.7 PID 1234 does not belong to any known machine

thibaultm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I try to create a lab in CML 2.7 that I already succeded to create while I was beta-testing CML 2.7 in the cloud, but
this time in a CML 2.7 release version I purchased and that run on my Win11 laptop with :
- VMWare Workstation pro 17
- CML 2.7 in a VM

I am only creating 5 IOL nodes, my pro PC is powerful and thinking it was a resource issue I granted 8 processors + 32 GB ram to CML 2.7 VM (so it should make it, no ?)

When I try to run my lab, the nodes boot then they stop and in the cockpit of CML in the log I see the error :
"error from service: GetMachineByPID: PID 5643 does not belong to any known machine"

I am stuck now

3 Replies 3

thibaultm
Level 1
Level 1

For information I just tried the same lab , on the same PC with IOSv nodes instead of IOL, yes it takes a while to boot and start but it works just fine no issue like the previous one.

I suspect it is related to IOL then, or may I should start the nodes 1 by one ?

Based on your error message, just guessing here the message "error from service: GetMachineByPID: PID 5643 does not belong to any known machine" suggests that there's a problem with the machine identification. Since you gave more resources to the VM, it's unlikely to be a resource issue here i am think, you mentioned that you were able to create the lab successfully in the cloud during beta-testing, which suggests that the issue might be specific to your local setup? 

I would start the nodes one by one, this might help you identify if the issue is related to the number of nodes or if it's a more general problem.

If this continues to be a problem i would contact the CML-P team here https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO3i00000094ZjGAI/cisco-modeling-labs-personal-community and see if they have seen an issue such as this before.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

thibaultm
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks I will try that