cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Training Center

bherbert
Level 1
Level 1

We're looking for a solution that we can use as an Training tool.  Ideally, we'd like to be able to have employees launch a WebEx session, login to a Virtual Desktop and complete the training.  Our instructor would like to be able to view the trainee's desktop, as well as the ability for the instructor to share her desktop.  Is WebEx Training Center capable of what we're looking for?  Several conferences I've been to have a Lab in which this exact scenario is up and running and I think it's a Cisco product, but not 100% sure which product.  We've read through the Admin Guide for Training Center, but are seeing exactly what we're looking for.  Thanks for any help and advice you can provide.

1 Accepted Solution

lindau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it's the Hands on Lab feature of Webex Training. However, if you want to be able to see what everyone on multiple computers are doing you would need to be physically in the room where the remote computers are located.  With the Hands on Lab you're only able to remotely look at one computers at a time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it's the Hands on Lab feature of Webex Training. However, if you want to be able to see what everyone on multiple computers are doing you would need to be physically in the room where the remote computers are located.  With the Hands on Lab you're only able to remotely look at one computers at a time.

Almost 8 years ago now, a contact of mine at Cisco Headquarters (Reading I think it was) came up with a solution enabling the Host of a session to see everyone's screen at the same time (he was a CIsco Solutions Developer). 

It was a purpose built rig which had 12 monitors 12" in size, mounted into a frame with a switch box that enabled you to see what every person was doing on every screen simultaneously.   The solution and technology that was available back then put the cost at around £13,000 for the setup.   He proved it was possible but I believe that it wasn't marketed because it wasn't really a cost viable solution for Cisco, it was simply too expensive for companies to purchase.  Looked fantastic though and worked really well. 

Whilst you cannot see the screens of all of your learners, you can connect and engage with your learner on a screen by screen basis if they required help when running a lab but as mentioned below, unless you are in a classroom, it will be quite a challenge to see everyone at the same time. 

Mark Jones
T3 Training & Development Manager
East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust (NHS)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1277 20 66 53
Mobile: +44 (0) 7970 548 664

Would love to see this ability as Hands-On Labs are migrated over to Meetings.   Have you posted this idea in the Product Enhancement space?  If yes, can you share the link here so I can vote for it?

Response Signature

sarasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like Mohammed has already answered your question. I would love to add that we have a Webex Training adoption toolkit. Check it out!

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is called Hands on Lab, it can either be scheduled on demand or in a live session

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n4qeoqu/Manage-Hands-on-Labs

Regards