We are pleased to announce the general availability (GA) of Cisco UCS Director 6.6 starting April 30th 2018.
Following are Cisco UCS Director 6.6 key features:
UCSD 6.6 key features include:
- Intersight device connector: This feature enables Cisco UCS Director to be claimed as a managed device in Intersight; With connection to Intersight, UCSD southbound connectors (VCenter, UCS, ACI, …) will automatically be staged on UCSD appliances. During a maintenance window, UCSD administrators can now upgrade to the latest southbound connectors.
- Dynamic input forms: Workflow designers can think logically and act methodically to control the end-user experience, so the inputs that match their selections progressively reveal fields that are relevant for their current selections.
- ACI Multi-Site Controller: Key operations supported – ACI Site management, Centralized tenancy, application template. Configuration of ACI Multi-site allowing for policy replication across DR sites, centralized policy management via M-Site controller, centralized tenancy and app profile)
- “Generic API” task: Admin users can define a generic API tasks for REST/XML capable end-points such as vCenter, SCVMM, APIC, ACI MSC, with input / output variables inside XML body content; Supported during provisioning and rollback.
- Pre and Post provision workflows: Standard catalogs can now be configured to execute a pre-provisioning workflow as well as a post-provisioning workflow. Any workflow can be used for both the pre-provisioning and post-provisioning steps.
- VMWare vSAN support via UCS Central: this is an extension of vSAN support via UCS Manager. As customers are leveraging UCS Central for large scale UCS deployment with UCS Central, UCSD support for VMware vSAN cluster setup via UCS Central brings parity to support of vSAN cluster setup via UCS Manager
- Import/export of workflows: The representational state transfer (REST) API enables export and import of standard and complex workflows from GitHub and other repositories along with asynchronous execution.
- Semaphore lock: This feature helps ensure mutual exclusion of a resource through semaphore locking during workflow deployment and rollback.
- Support for Red Hat Virtualization Manager (RHVM) 4.1: This support includes deployment of RH KVM 4.1 OS through Cisco UCS Director Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) Boot server (BMA), virtual-machine lifecycle management with RHVM 4.1, and console access in the end-user self-service portal.
Software Download Links:
UCS SW Product Management Team