cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Director 6.7 performance - Slow VMware Inventory Collector

Peter de Waal
Level 1
Level 1

At this moment i have a single-node implementation of UCS-Director on VMware ESXi.

This UCS-D is connected to a VMware vCenter (6.7) which currently hosts: 14 ESXi servers and approx. 1200 VMs.
At this moment the VMware inventory collector (the default System Task) takes approx 70 minutes to do an inventory of this vCenter.

I would like to know if this is common behaviour (does anyone of you see the same duration for a task like this) and is there anyone one who fixed this problem for instance by implementing service nodes (is a service node supported for a single-node setup?)

I also tested the inventory on an empty vCenter (no hosts and/or VMs). On that virtual account the inventory finished in 1 second.

VMwareInventoryCollectorpng.png

1 Reply 1

John Weigand
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 6.7 multi-node (primary and DB) install, and for our primary datacenter (which has 23 hosts and about 3000 VMs), each inventory cycle takes around 180 minutes. 

That being said, the length of time hasn't caused us any actual issue so far - do you have specific concerns about the time?

Also to note, I believe the entire concept of Service Nodes was removed in 6.7 (I do see the same message you do about none being available, but all traces of service nodes were removed from the UI in the upgrade from 6.6 to 6.7).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer