cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSD - end user self service policy

RobinSchrooten2
Level 4
Level 4

I tried using the end user self service policy, however, I do not see any change when applying this policy to a VDC.

Did anyone got this to work? Anything specific in a policy you need to enable?

It looks like only the items/actions, defined to the user's profile role, are applied to the end-user's portal

I am running UCSD 6.5

8 Replies 8

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you high light a VM you should see more or less buttons(actions) for the user to be able to do depending what you set in the end user policy

that is what I thought.... however, this doesn't seem to work on my setup

- I have a user, that has a custom role assigned (basically read-only rights)

- I created a new VDC, and assigned some VM's to it.

=> The user can see the VM's, but cannot perform any actions to it.

Next, I created an end-user self service policy, and assigned it to the VDC. The self service policy allows for rebooting a server.

=> The user doesn't seem to get this additional right on the interface when selecting a VM...

Are you on UCSD 6.5.0.0 or a patch level ?

What changes when you give this user a standard end user role not one that has only read only rights.

I am running UCSD 6.5.0.3

I changed the user's access profile to the default "Service End-user".

This way, the additional actions do show up...

This however, seems to limit the possibilities of setting-up the access rights between the different vdc's/Customer Organisations

OK,

found it...

It only seems to work, when you select the option "Write - Virtual Computing -> Non VM Management Actions" in the user role settingsUserRole-EndUserPolicy.png

Yes I would think so – since it is making a API call to vCenter and a re-boot would be a post/write vs a get/read-(only)

In read only mode you should not be able to do this action: “The self service policy allows for rebooting a server.”

Policy in the VDC

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.02.03 AM.png

The policy

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.02.42 AM.png

The policy selections

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.02.49 AM.png

End user portal vm selection (actions)

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.04.57 AM.png

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer