cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSD How can I provide information from the Cisco ACI Fabric to the end customer (Get Workflows / Reporting)

strebl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello *,

for our Server Teams I have to provide the information how the network configuration for the server (connected to cisco aci fabric)  looks like.

My first idea was at first to create an workflow to collect the information from the fabric with an generic rest api.

API Query

/api/node/mo/uni/infra/funcprof.json?query-target=subtree&target-subtree-class=infraAccBndlGrp&query-target-filter=and(not(wcard(polUni.dn, "__ui_")),not(eq(infraAccBndlGrp.lagT,"link")))&rsp-subtree=children&rsp-subtree-class=infraRsCdpIfPol,infraRsMcpIfPol,infraRsHIfPol,infraRsLldpIfPol,infraRsLacpPol,,infraAccBndlSubgrp,infraRsStpIfPol,infraRsAttEntP,infraRsSpanVSrcGrp,infraRsSpanVDestGrp,infraRsL2IfPol,infraRsStormctrlIfPol,infraRtAccBaseGrp

In the Workflow response (ouput.json) are all information included which the server guys are want to know.

How should the output look like for every Leaf Policy Group:

Leaf Policy Group LPG_BM_itadell150_LACP1
IFPcy_BPDU_guard_on
IFPcy_LLDP_ON
IFPcy_LACP_active_nosuspend
IFPcy_10G_Auto
IFPcy_CDP_ON
IFPcy_MCP_enable
uni/infra/attentp-AEP_Phys_stat
uni/infra/accportprof-LIP_1003_1004/hports-1:6-typ-range

In the output.json I have current 73 different Leaf Policy groups.

My question are

1. Would it be possible to create an UCSD report to provide the information above for all Leaf Policy Groups?
  2.  How should the syntax look like if I want to specify "output variables" inside  ucsd task (children are included in the apic response / My example which are not working $.imdata[0]children{infraRsStpIfPol.attributes.tnStpIfPolName}
  3. Last question ;-). Would it be possible that the end user will see the defined output variables from an workflow if he check the service request details

Kind regards

Stefan

1 Reply 1

chratkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  1. Would it be possible to create an UCSD report to provide the information above for all Leaf Policy Groups?

This would require product code changes to generate this report as we don’t persist these parameters in a single table/report.  Inside the workflow you could generate a custom e-mail and specify the output parameters you want to share.  Those parameters need to be defined/assigned in the flow, essentially any string literal value can be included.

1. How should the syntax look like if I want to specify "output variables" inside  ucsd task (children are included in the apic response / My example which are not working $.imdata[0]children{infraRsStpIfPol.attributes.tnStpIfPolName}

You would need to create a custom task that parses the json string to build the output variable, you can’t output directly the JSON DOM elements.  Here is an example of manipulating JSON data with cloupia script:  https://community.cisco.com/t5/ucs-director-documents/parsing-json-objects-within-ucs-director-custom-workflow-tasks/ta-p/3641527

1. Last question ;-). Would it be possible that the end user will see the defined output variables from an workflow if he check the service request details

A service end user can see only the generic workflow status.  It is possible to embed comments into the task status with something like what is shown here:  https://community.cisco.com/t5/ucs-director-documents/ucsd-adding-initiator-service-request-sr-comments-and-task/ta-p/3623905

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer