Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The purpose of this document is to illustrate the steps to create a VMware Windows 2012 Template that can be used with UCS Director Workflows.  It is important to note that if you cannot successfully deploy a VM Using Guest Customization directly from vCenter, you will not be able to deploy it using UCS Director.  UCS Director does not magically fix a flaky VMware Template.  Creating a Windows 2012 R2 Template while ensuring Guest customization will work appropriately can be a daunting task to say the least.  I suggest following this guide exactly to a T for your first deployment to build your confidence and then tweak things to see what works and what doesn’t.

This was created and tested by Sam Fontenot and Orf Gelbrich on vCenter 5.1 Update 3 and vCenter 5.5.  The template was then used for deployment in UCSD (5.2.0.0A and 5.2.0.1 with IBM patch)

Comments
r.heitmann
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder, how to apply a "vCenter VM Customization Specification" using UCS-Director.

In PowerCLI I can use "Set-VMWVM ... -OSCustomizationSpec $spec" which applies a VM-Customization-Spec configured in the vCenter.

I know the UCSD "VMware - Guest Customization"-Workflowtask, but this requires me to copy all parameters from the existing vCenter-Customization-Spec into UCSD and keep them synchonized.

Any Idea how to apply a vCenter-Customization-Spec to a VM using UCSD?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links