Description

Prerequisites

Tested on UCSD 5.4.0.3 CCC 4.4.2

Attached document for Cisco Cloud Center 4.7 and UCSD 6.0

CategoryWorkflow
ComponentsvSphere 5.x
User Inputs

Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:

1. Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
  2. Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
  3. Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
  4. Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
  5. Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
  6. Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
  7. Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
  8. Click "Submit".
  9. A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.

Many thanks go out to Tuan Nguyen

Here are the steps to initiate a workflow in UCSD from Cisco Cloud Center:

Reference:

https://editor-docs.cloudcenter.cisco.com/display/CCD48/Configure+a+Cisco+UCSD+Cloud

1) Deploy a CilQr CCO and Rabbit MQ vCenter template and power up.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 7.29.59 AM.png

2) Hostname and re-IP

2.1) Hostname CCO

vi /etc/hostname (change the current hostname)

hostname cliqrccoucsd

vi /etc/hosts (add host name to the 127 line at the end)

2.2) Hostname Rabbit

vi /etc/hostname (change the current hostname)

hostname CliqrRabbitUCSD

vi /etc/hosts (add host name to the 127 line at the end)

2.3) re-IP (both systems) (My example CCO =172.17.33.109, Rabbit = 172.17.33.113)

nmtui  (Note the IP has to have a /24 or /23 or /25, no field for mask)

3) File fix up CCO

Add the AMQ (Rabbit) Server

/usr/local/osmosix/bin/cco_config_wizard.sh

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.11.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.11.04 AM.png

Update 2 files:

vi /usr/local/osmosix/etc/cloud

change to CiscoUCSD

vi /usr/local/osmosix/etc/profile.properties

change to cloud=CiscoUCSD

Re-boot

init 6

4) File fix up Rabbit (UCSD)

File gets re-created after boot with new hostname

rm -f /usr/local/osmosix/etc/.RABBITINSTALLED

Have to investigate what was changed

/usr/local/osmosix/bin/gua_config_wizard.sh

Re-boot

init 6

Aftger Boot test

rabbitmqctl list_users

rabbitmqctl list_connections

5) Fix up CCM (UCSD)

Stop Tomcat

/etc/init.d/tomcat stop

Update the DB

mysql -uosmosix -p osmosixdb

(osmosix)

select * from IMAGES where name='Callout Workflow';

update IMAGES set deleted=0 and privateImg=TRUE where name='Callout Workflow';

quit

For Postgress DB

cliqrdb=> update IMAGES set private_img=true and deleted=false where name='Callout Workflow';

psql -d cliqrdb -U cliqr

[root@cliqr-centos7-base-image ~]# psql -d cliqrdb -U cliqr

Password for user cliqr:

psql (9.5.4)

Type "help" for help.

cliqrdb=> select * from IMAGES where name='Callout Workflow';

image_id |       name       |   description    | published | private_img | os_name | cloud_node_type | owner |     internal_image_name     | disabled | system_image | num_of_nics | deleted

----------+------------------+------------------+-----------+-------------+---------+-----------------+-------+-----------------------------+----------+--------------+-------------+---------

22 | Callout Workflow | Callout Workflow | t         | f           | Linux   | CloudWorker     |     2 | CloudWorker-calloutWorkflow | f        | t            |           1 | t

(1 row)

cliqrdb=> update IMAGES set private_img=true and deleted=false where name='Callout Workflow';

UPDATE 1

cliqrdb=> update IMAGES set private_img=true where name='Callout Workflow';

UPDATE 1

cliqrdb=> select * from IMAGES where name='Callout Workflow';

image_id |       name       |   description    | published | private_img | os_name | cloud_node_type | owner |     internal_image_name     | disabled | system_image | num_of_nics | deleted

----------+------------------+------------------+-----------+-------------+---------+-----------------+-------+-----------------------------+----------+--------------+-------------+---------

22 | Callout Workflow | Callout Workflow | t         | t           | Linux   | CloudWorker     |     2 | CloudWorker-calloutWorkflow | f        | t            |           1 | f

(1 row)

Start Tomcat

/etc/init.d/tomcat start

Logfile

tail -f /usr/local/tomcat/logs/osmosix.log

Version

cat /usr/local/osmosix//etc/version

6) GUI changes in Cisco Cloud Center (Cliqr)

6.1) Add a cloud

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 9.59.05 AM.png

6.2) Configure Cloud Account

Note: Folder name has to match to a folder in UCSD with workflows!

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.01.11 AM.png

6.3) Add a Region

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.03.54 AM.png

6.4) Configure Orchestrator

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.07.36 AM.png

6.5) Create an Instance Type

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.08.57 AM.png

6.6) Create a Cloud/Image Mapping

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.21.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.22.07 AM.png

Don't for get to add UCSD as a Deployment Environment.

6.7) Application Modeling (N-tier)

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.23.49 AM.png

6.8) Select UCSD / drag to designer

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.24.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.26.16 AM.png

6.9) Parameters Properties/Hardware Specifications (Workflow names show up in Dropdown)

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.26.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.26.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.26.59 AM.png

6.10) Deploy

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.31.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.31.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.31.37 AM.png

The custom task that will return the instance ID is attached.

Further the in this test workflow is also attached.

Workflow:

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.36.51 AM.png

Global output:

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.37.16 AM.png

Custom task mapping within the workflow for the SR ID to be returned to CCC

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 10.37.31 AM.png

Return of Resource ID to Cisco Cloud Center

Cisco Cloud Center when talking to UCSD does need with in the to be called workflow a last task to report back to Cisco Could Center a resource ID. This resource ID can be the UCSD SR ID. The custom task will provide this function.

Workflow SR ID:

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 7.11.26 AM.png

Cisco Cloud Center Resource ID:

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 7.11.07 AM.png

The Custom Task Code to return the resource ID:

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 11.35.29 AM.png

The termination workflow:

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 10.47.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 10.47.36 AM.png

For the termination portion in Cisco Cloud Center:

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 2.27.46 PM.png

The associated input:

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 11.26.55 AM.png

Note:

Cisco Cloud Center logic expects the termination workflow to have that input label (the ‘resourceId’). If it does, then Cisco Cloud Center will inject the ‘resourceId’ that was returned from the original JSON output (we stored it to display the node name on the UI)

The roll back code:

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 11.33.05 AM.png

The Workflow inputs:

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 11.32.04 AM.png

The termination and rollback in UCSD:

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 11.29.57 AM.png

Please find attached document for Cisco Cloud Center 4.7 and UCSD 6.0

Comments
robedwa
Level 4
Level 4

Great work Orf, I was trying to get this working in our lab and hit a few hurdles. I will try the above to see if I can get it working as expected.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me know if I need to update anything.  thx

Saurabh Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Orf,

I am trying to achieve the integration with v4.6, all looks good however the service CISCO UCSD doesn't get created on its own I had to create the service but then the Orchestrator did not pull the workflows.

Can you suggest something?

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the workflows in the special directory ?

Saurabh Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes Orf, I have created a separate folder to keep the workflows exclusively for CC

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am glad it works.

Egor Naumov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In case of you met with below Error Message on CCO log files within integration CCC 4.7.0 and UCSD 5.4.0.0:

ERROR impl.JobServiceImpl [threadPoolExecutor-2]  - Failed to start job: 88

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No executor defined by name  for type CLUSTER

at com.osmosix.gateway.lifecycle.helpers.LifecycleBuilder.getEventActionMapping(LifecycleBuilder.java:177)

Put below text for value on "service_param_spec_text" column in SERVICES table for serviceId=58 (CiscoUCSD). Restarting of tomcat service on CCM/CCO is not required.

[{"id":1,"paramName":"deploymentWorkflow","displayName":"Deployment Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":2,"paramName":"reconfigurationWorkflow","displayName":"Reconfiguration Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":3,"paramName":"fetchDetailsWorkflow","displayName":"Details Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":4,"paramName":"terminationWorkflow","displayName":"Termination Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":5,"paramName":"CalloutWorkflowExecutor","displayName":"Callout Workflow Executor Bean","type":"Executor Bean","valueConstraint":{},"defaultValue":"CalloutWorkflowExecutor","userVisible":false,"userEditable":false,"systemParam":true,"exampleValue":"CalloutWorkflowExecutor","optional":true,"other":{}}]

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you very much

tonester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,
I've tried to do an integration following all of the steps and got an error while deploying 'Send Email 2 submitter' application.
The error is: Failed to start job: No executor defined by name for type CLUSTER

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try out the message 2 above yours?

In case of you met with below Error Message on CCO log files within integration CCC 4.7.0 and UCSD 5.4.0.0:

ERROR impl.JobServiceImpl [threadPoolExecutor-2]  - Failed to start job: 88

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No executor defined by name  for type CLUSTER

at com.osmosix.gateway.lifecycle.helpers.LifecycleBuilder.getEventActionMapping(LifecycleBuilder.java:177)

Put below text for value on "service_param_spec_text" column in SERVICES table for serviceId=58 (CiscoUCSD). Restarting of tomcat service on CCM/CCO is not required.

[{"id":1,"paramName":"deploymentWorkflow","displayName":"Deployment Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":2,"paramName":"reconfigurationWorkflow","displayName":"Reconfiguration Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":3,"paramName":"fetchDetailsWorkflow","displayName":"Details Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":4,"paramName":"terminationWorkflow","displayName":"Termination Workflow","defaultValue":"","type":"workflow", "userVisible":true,"userEditable":true,"systemParam":true,"other":{}},{"id":5,"paramName":"CalloutWorkflowExecutor","displayName":"Callout Workflow Executor Bean","type":"Executor Bean","valueConstraint":{},"defaultValue":"CalloutWorkflowExecutor","userVisible":false,"userEditable":false,"systemParam":true,"exampleValue":"CalloutWorkflowExecutor","optional":true,"other":{}}]

tonester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Orf! Somehow I've missed this comment. Actually I'm trying to integrate CC 4.7 with UCSD 6.5.

So, changes in the DB as described above helped to resolve the issue with  No executor defined by name  for type CLUSTER

But now I've got another error:'Failed to invoke workflow'

2017-04-04 08:15:26,194 INFO  cisco.CiscoUCSDCalloutWorkflowProvider [scheduler-                                                                                                                                   10]  - workflow 13 status: FAILED

2017-04-04 08:15:26,247 INFO  impl.AbstractLifecycle [scheduler-10]  - Deploymen                                                                                                                                   tJobName=ciscoucsd_1 DeploymentJobID=8 ClusterLifecycleImpl[8,ciscoucsd_1,ERRORE                                                                                                                                   D,0] state from STARTING -> ERRORED (Failed to invoke workflow. )

2017-04-04 08:15:28,299 INFO  impl.AbstractLifecycle [scheduler-10]  - Deploymen                                                                                                                                   tJobName=test_3 DeploymentJobID=7 AppLifecycleImpl[7,test_3,ERRORED] state from                                                                                                                                    STARTING -> ERRORED (Failed to invoke workflow. )

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I put your question onto our internal Cisco Cloud Center mailer. I don’t know the answer to your question either. Sorry.

Orf Gelbrich

Check out UCS Director Workflow INDEX<https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-56419> on Cisco Communities Site (Twitter @UCSDGURU)

satish.dosapati
Community Member

Hi Orf,

Thanks for the detailed steps on cloudcenter integration with UCSD.

So I am trying to integrate cloudcenter Version: 4.8.1 with UCSD 6.5.

Please let me know if the above steps still holds good or are there any changes to the configuration steps.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some changes do apply and they are in the notes section.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I believe so.  I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links